Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A random SACD double bill.
Miles Davis and Super Furry Animals.
1000018595.jpg

I got a sealed copy of “Lichtmond 3: Days of Eternity” a couple of days ago. Three discs including an RBCD with more material than the BD pure audio or the 3D animation/surround BD.

Lots to listen to, and the pure audio BD sounds imcredible. The surround is immersive as all get-out, and I’m anxious to get to the video. Definitely a 10 so far.

I received this last week and have listened to it several times. I'm listening to it now. I've really connected to it. Love the atmosphere. It may not be for everyone, played it for my sister last night and, after listening to a few cuts, she said she had enough--she found it too intense. I find it relaxing. Thinking about setting up a hot tub in the man cave with a side of gummies. LOL!
Boris Blank - Resonance.jpeg

I got a sealed copy of “Lichtmond 3: Days of Eternity” a couple of days ago. Three discs including an RBCD with more material than the BD pure audio or the 3D animation/surround BD.

Lots to listen to, and the pure audio BD sounds imcredible. The surround is immersive as all get-out, and I’m anxious to get to the video. Definitely a 10 so far.
Had NO idea a 3 disc set was available but IMO, the Lichtmond 3D video is sensationally STARTLING on an LG OLED 3D video monitor as is the discrete soundfield. Enjoy!

Had NO idea a 3 disc set was available but IMO, the Lichtmond 3D video is sensationally STARTLING on an LG OLED 3D video monitor as is the discrete soundfield. Enjoy!
I was a bit surprised myself that there were 3 discs in the set. Not my first rodeo with them. I have #2 “Universe of Light” 3D BD, and it’s fantastic as well. I hate to admit it, but I just might be falling off the “completist” cliff!

Paavo Berglund conducting the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra GRIEG/PEER GYNT SUITES 1 & 2 [EMI/DTS 20b 5.1]

Since SO few EMI original QUAD recordings have ever been released in SURROUND, this sumptuously recorded DTS disc also contains Hugo Alfvén's Swedish Rhapsody, OP 19 and Elegy and Finnish composer Armas Järnefelt's Praeludium and Berceuse.

VERY Highly Recommended

Primary

https://www.discogs.com/release/208...mouth-Symphony-Orchestra-Peer-Gynt-Suites-1-2

Last edited:
TONY MOTTOLA • TONY AND STRINGS & CLOSE TO YOU[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

TONY MOTTOLA • TONY AND STRINGS & CLOSE TO YOU​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

GREAT to have a Project 3 recording on QUAD SACD! Thanks Michael!

This gifted guitarist was a regular with the Skitch Henderson orchestra on the Tonight Show and toured with Frank Sinatra including Frank's performance at Carnegie Hall!

He also performed with Ray Charles appearing on 5 of Ray's recordings!

Last edited:
Rick Derringer - All American Boy & Spring Fever [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Rick Derringer - All American Boy & Spring Fever​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

For US$15.59 .....another OUTSTANDING 2~fer from Dutton Vocalion. I've had it for awhile but when I finally played it on my new system at a full 80db .......WOWIE, ZOWIE ......puts so many new surround remixes to shame. My listening room literally exploded 🔥 with one outstanding guitar solo after another and the rears were astoundingly actively ALIVE throughout this marvelous 2~fer set!

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION

Last edited:
Mystic Moods Orchestra EROGENOUS [HDS/DTS 5.1] Guess I'm on a DTS kick this week and another album which doesn't disappoint. The original 4 track masters were recorded at 30 ips and Brad Miller employed a soundfield microphone to record ambient effects and his patented railroad recordings for a very discrete immersion.

Originally on the Warner Brother label:

Erogenous. Sound Bird SB4-7509 [previously Warner Bros.
BS4-2786] (CD4), 7313-7509H [previously Warner Bros. L9B-2786]
(Q8)

https://www.discogs.com/release/1965271-Mystic-Moods-Erogenous

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 5

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back