Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking a journey through (progressive) rock music released in surround from the year 1973, starting with the Quadraphonic DVD-A/V of "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" by Rick Wakeman.

Now I'm playing what is (currently) my favorite surround mix of a 1973 album, "Larks' Tongues in Aspic" by King Crimson (LPCM 5.1 surround Blu-Ray) :)

Now I'm playing what is (currently) my favorite surround mix of a 1973 album, "Larks' Tongues in Aspic" by King Crimson (LPCM 5.1 surround Blu-Ray) :)

Nice.
I'm so glad that Beat and TOAPP are soon to be released and I can have a complete studio collection of a group that I never imagined would happen.
Been a looooong wait and if I may be a bit negative, a totally unnecessary one but I'll quibble no more. :upthumb

:upthumb My favorite album by one of my absolute favorite bands and one of my all time favorite surround mixes. If I could only keep one album in my surround collection, it would be this. :worthy Now if only I could get Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage and Rush - Hemispheres in a great surround mix, I could die a happy man!

I was about to put on Thrak, but instead I think I'll listen to this. :banana:

Chinary Ung (b.1942)
Water Rings Overture; Anicca; Antiphonal Spirals; Singing Inside Aura; Grand Spiral: Desert Flowers Bloom

Chinary Ung, viola & voice
Boston Modern Orchestra Project
Gil Rose, conductor

Back