Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIR - that's one of the very first SACD I bought...maybe the first. :)

nice :upthumb I love all the Clapton surround stuff we've had.. he's been pretty well represented over the years, first with a couple of Quads and then with DTS CD, DVD-A, SACD, DualDisc, DVD-V, big a$$ boxsets, Blu-ray Audio.. is there any format EC hasn't had his music presented on in Surround? :eek:

you can probably guess my 1st SACD (Yellow Brick Road.. my Xmas pressie from my then partner 2003, I asked them to get it and to their credit they did.. aah.. haha.. I didn't even have an SACD player and didn't get to hear the Surround until the DVD-A came out the following year, albeit only in Dolby Digital as I didn't have DVD-A capable machine at the time.. and then I didn't get to hear the other EJs in 5.1 I picked up the following year, for another couple of years after that :violin ..it was worth the wait though of course..! :eek: )

Listened to a selection of the "greats" last nite.

TULL-BENEFIT, GENESIS-FOXTROT, HAWKWIND-WARRIOR, E.L.P-TRILOGY.:upthumb

a bit wasted and basted, and luved 'em all.:smokin

20161021_194833.jpg20161021_190746.jpg

I just know I'll be "elevated" when I finally get the chance to here "Stand Up" in surround:sun

Ten Years After, A Space In Time, 24/96 5.1 DVD-A. God I love this. Please somebody release all of TYA in surround. One of the earliest bands to mix external sounds with there music tracks, begs for surround. Nice and heavy blues/rock, enough with all this Prog Rock.

Couldn't agree more.!!

If ever a band needed (badly) the treatment in SURROUND , it would have to be TEN YEARS AFTER.!!

And both catalogues, London/Deram and Columbia/Chrysalis. Excellent Psuedo-surround panning employed on their albums.(y)

BTW listen to "Hear Me Calling" from STONEDHENGE .....recommended via any surround decode. Also "Standing At The Station" from Rock and Roll Music To The World. Epic Alvin Lee workouts.:music

It is the disc I live and breathe by. BSS rhino is an UNDERAPPRECIATED gem. Just look at the QQ Forums own poll. Tragic. TRAGIC. Why? As the King said to Mozart in Amadeus: "too many notes Maestro". Most people can't handle the intensity of this greatest of all sonic recordings. Emerson is a a Rock God never to be equaled. A Mozart of our time. Karnevel- 9. Is not just one piece of Music. It has movement after movement after movement - many pieces of music under one roof. And I saw and heard this LIVE in the great 73 tour. Critics of the day who could not handle the notes, who were used to the usual Blah blah Blah (refrain here) Blah Blah Blah (refrain here) kind of palp (my word) called this wondrous piece of music "pretentious". May Robert Christgau and his ilk rot in their graves. The Rock critics are dead. Long live Rock in all it's amazing perturbations. We are still listening to the genius and sheer musicianship of this trio nigh half a century later. And one more thing....you get the BEST 5.1 version of Lucky Man. Well that's my opinion at least.

Last edited:
Genesis - Trick of the Tail

This was my first exposure to Genesis when my then girlfriend bought this for me on CD almost 30 years ago.

Jasmine Nightdreams - Edgar Winter

Man, do I love that DTS CD! :)

Alright, I've just come back from helping a friend move. I've spent 13 1/2 hours lifting boxes and furniture during a rainy Autumn day. The last ten days were spent helping her pack. I've just come home after an hour bus ride and I'm about to have a nice warm meal. I'm actually the lucky one as she still has the three + hour drive and then the unloading of the truck.

I'm enjoying my first beer in over two months and listening to this piece of music which sums up how I physically feel at the moment. I'm knackered, but life is good. :)

The Surround of this recording is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!

Rachmaninov%20Isle%20Of%20The%20Dead%20SACD_zpskebjqsqf.jpg

Gaucho - Steely Dan

Scheiner's best surround mixes just seem to get better as time goes by, like a fine wine or something, they often seem subtle at first but can be deceivingly layered and complex.. for me Gaucho is his Château Lafite, his Royal Beluga, his Macallan 50 Year Old Malt.. the utterly butterly mutts nuts of multichannel music.. I'm not sure if it'll ever be bettered for me as a 5.1 remix of an old album, that man is an absolute surround remix genius and at his best he is without equal imho. :smokin

Back