Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Warner Music Group would not be a part of this transaction.

But I'm not sure I like the ideal of my phone company owning such a large media company as well. It's too much control over content and distribution. AT&T were broken up 20 years ago as a monopoly, and have since regrouped as before because deregulation let them regroup. They do not need to be any bigger.

Junior Senator from Minnesota, Al Franken, is also questioning the efficacy of such an acquisition citing monopolistic practices and fears of prices escalating for cable/phone content as a result. But it does seem to be a trend among the phone companies as they are seeking 'content' as part of their services.

Thankfully, Warner Music Group is NOT part of this takeover but I do fear that Warner's Movie division, which does release some of THE best BD~Vs [quality wise] on the market might be affected.

What ultimately might happen is the worst case scenario of AT & T [which already owns DirectTV] Verizon and Sprint owning the whole kit and kaboodle and fixing prices disregarding fair competition laws which have managed to keep prices 'relatively' affordable and more importantly competitive....akin to what occurred with the major US airline mergers [higher prices, fewer services, inordinate delays and 'third world' terminals].

That's correct. The 2012 release was a DVD-V disc with the Quad mix encoded in DTS & Dullby (with front & back channels flipped!), and a high-res flat transfer of the original stereo mix.

AF were very interested in issuing this title on SACD with channels correct, and in DSD. But now that they have slowed down with 4.0, I am not sure what's going to happen.

AF were very interested in issuing this title on SACD with channels correct, and in DSD. But now that they have slowed down with 4.0, I am not sure what's going to happen.

They really need to! I would love an upgrade to my conversion. Cannot believe I snoozed on the dvd version...

George Frideric Handel: Concerti Grossi Op. 3 Nos. 1-6

Combattimento Consort Amsterdam
Jan Willem de Vriend, conductor

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans Parts 1 & 2. This has always been a hard listen for me. I used to find it rough getting through all 4 sides of the LP in one sitting, so I'm giving my first listen of the DVDA in 2 sessions. Tomorrow I will listen to parts 3 & 4, then probably repeat the process before voting (although so far I'm thinking at least a 9).

Birdsong at Morning - A Slight Departure, it's so great!

Have been trying out ReplayGain in Foobar for my surround albums - can not hear any change in sound quality - and it is great to not have to reach for the remote so often.

David Elias - Crossing (DSD64) 5.1

Sounds amazing....

david elias.jpg

My 2 year old TV just died on me :( which made choosing the DTS 96/24 from this DVD-V quite a challenging. Luckily, the yellow button on my Oppo remote control did the trick.

Barclay James Harvest - Once Again (DVD-V)

What a great album! I never tire of this fabulous music. I also think it's a fabulous Quad mix.

Once%20Again%20Slip%20Case_zpsddm3evkf.jpg

My 2 year old TV just died on me :( which made choosing the DTS 96/24 from this DVD-V quite a challenging. Luckily, the yellow button on my Oppo remote control did the trick.

Barclay James Harvest - Once Again (DVD-V)

What a great album! I never tire of this fabulous music. I also think it's a fabulous Quad mix.

Once%20Again%20Slip%20Case_zpsddm3evkf.jpg

oh.. DAMMIT!!!! :mad:

my brother had an old telly in his room next door, which was kind of a big deal when we were kids looking back, now everyone is used to having a telly in every room I guess.. anyway.. every now and again the speaker would start to crackle.. so he used that age old tried and tested method of instant repair.. he outstretched his palm nice and flat.. and would whack it one across the top of the cabinet.. voila! crackle gone! :violin ..worked every time... did you try that scientific method yet Simon?

ps. great Quad :upthumb

LOL! Of course, I meant from being a Fleetwood Mac fan..... :):) I love Fleetwood in surround. I want more though.

Well hopefully both "Tango in the Night" and (especially) the 1975 self-titled album will be released in surround sound in the next couple of years. :)

oh.. DAMMIT!!!! :mad:

my brother had an old telly in his room next door, which was kind of a big deal when we were kids looking back, now everyone is used to having a telly in every room I guess.. anyway.. every now and again the speaker would start to crackle.. so he used that age old tried and tested method of instant repair.. he outstretched his palm nice and flat.. and would whack it one across the top of the cabinet.. voila! crackle gone! :violin ..worked every time... did you try that scientific method yet Simon?

ps. great Quad :upthumb

Is that a penguin on the Telly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back