Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...anyway.. every now and again the speaker would start to crackle.. so he used that age old tried and tested method of instant repair.. he outstretched his palm nice and flat.. and would whack it one across the top of the cabinet.. voila! crackle gone! :violin ..worked every time... did you try that scientific method yet Simon?

The Fonzie instant repair method. :D Aay! :upthumb

dap-may-moc-2.jpg

Three fabulous multichannel SACDs which are sadly OOP. They are all spectacular sounding and contain some exceptional jazz players with guest stars such as Grady Tate, Ray Brown, Benny Green, Diane Reeves, Freda Payne, Phil Woods, etc.

If you happen to find them make sure they're genuine SACDs. They are only being reissued as RBCDs sadly sometimes in the same SACD casings.

http://hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=The+world+of+duke+ellington

I've finally got a copy of this baby which was limited to 300 copies. Namlook was such a smart cookie. He put together four compilations showcasing a bunch of amazing tracks from his label's many releases and named each comp after a season. The 5.1 mix is seamless and is just phenomenal. If you enjoy Jean-Michel Jarre's first albums and more recent Electronica, check these out. They are mastered a bit hot, but they still sound great and the mixes vary from discrete to ambient (fitting the more ambient tracks) and quite busy.

Pete Namlook & Various ‎– The Ambient Gardener · Summer (DTS CD)

The%20Ambient%20Gardener%20-%20Summer%20-%20Cover_zpswvtvmmme.jpg

The%20Ambient%20Gardener%20-%20Summer%20-%20Back_zpswbhdppkz.jpg

P.S. - One of the artists is named Air, but this is not the French group. It's actually Namlook and some other guys. The music is still excellent albeit very different.

I'm staying in the Namlook vibe tonight. Lorenzo Montanà & Pete Namlook worked together on all five volumes of the Labyrinth Series and each disc is excellent. I've recently acquired Labyrinth 5 and it's my first listen. I love it! :)

Namlook • Montanà ‎– Labyrinth 5 (DTS CD)

Labyrinth%205_zpsthgh2eln.jpg

Labyrinth%205%20back_zps3f419z15.jpg

Last one for tonight:

Pete Namlook & Wolfram Spyra - Virtual Vices VI (DTS CD)

The first track is pretty wicked. A mix of funky Electronica with guitar solos that sound a bit like Carlos Santana. :)

Virtual%20Vices%20VI%20Front_zpsmrbth8dz.jpg

Virtual%20Vices%20VI%20Back_zps7eqba6vm.jpg

My 2 year old TV just died on me :( which made choosing the DTS 96/24 from this DVD-V quite a challenging. Luckily, the yellow button on my Oppo remote control did the trick.

Barclay James Harvest - Once Again (DVD-V)

Wow, only two years old...? What a letdown. At least TVs are much cheaper in cost in recent years.

Last one for tonight:

Pete Namlook & Wolfram Spyra - Virtual Vices VI (DTS CD)

The first track is pretty wicked. A mix of funky Electronica with guitar solos that sound a bit like Carlos Santana. :)

Virtual%20Vices%20VI%20Front_zpsmrbth8dz.jpg

Virtual%20Vices%20VI%20Back_zps7eqba6vm.jpg

WOW, I REALLY wish Peter Namlook would reissue these VERY hard to find DTS treasures on LOSSLESS BD~A.

They all sound marvelous from what you've described.

Wow, only two years old...? What a letdown. At least TVs are much cheaper in cost in recent years.

Yeah. I guess I won't be buying anything LG anymore. I'll save up and get a Sharp Aquos like I used to have.

Yeah. I guess I won't be buying anything LG anymore. I'll save up and get a Sharp Aquos like I used to have.

AFAIK , electronics now have a THREE year warranty in Spain....I'm guessing you had a 2 year warranty and it conked out?

(BTW, my LG BD player/recorder is VERY finnicky..has trouble playing BD-Rs)

AFAIK , electronics now have a THREE year warranty in Spain....I'm guessing you had a 2 year warranty and it conked out?

(BTW, my LG BD player/recorder is VERY finnicky..has trouble playing BD-Rs)

One year actually. I've learned my lesson. I'll take the extra insurance they try to sell you when you purchase such an item. For an extra $20 or $30, I would have had a 5 year additional warranty. Then Best Buy would have picked up the tab for the repair.

One year actually. I've learned my lesson. I'll take the extra insurance they try to sell you when you purchase such an item. For an extra $20 or $30, I would have had a 5 year additional warranty. Then Best Buy would have picked up the tab for the repair.

Yeah..whenever I get anything these days , I take the "extended" warranty just in case...let alone when I bought my Macs!!!!! (Apple Care was a heaven sent!)

Gently bringing this thread back on track. :)

Continuing my discovering of my recent Namlook acquisitions:

Peter Namlook & Wolfram Spyra - Virtual Vices V (DTS CD)

Virtual%20Vices%20V%20Front_zpsh3dnncm2.jpg

Virtual%20Vices%20V%20Back_zpsy2pmotcr.jpg

Back