Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ten Years After, A Space In Time, 24/96 5.1 DVD-A. God I love this. Please somebody release all of TYA in surround. One of the earliest bands to mix external sounds with there music tracks, begs for surround. Nice and heavy blues/rock, enough with all this Prog Rock.

have you tried it sitting back to front, Markie? :eek:

Queensryche Geoff Tate, Face To Face, 5.1 Dolby Digital 16/48. A little weak of course, but I did treat the disc which livened it up. Really great surround mix, but too bad for Dolby Digital. Music wise, it's no Empire but not too bad. Nice little onscreen pictures, when it is a Geoff Tate song lyrics are included, but not with Queensryche. It is a Dual Disc, CD on one side and DVD on other.

eek I must open this pronto, Ralpheeo recommendeeo but no timeeo :D

Fredgar Winter & Co - Shock :yikes Treatment

:banana:

Edit: Whenever I listen to this (which isn't often enough) it just makes me want to crank it to ear bleeding volume and go;

"shoooobeeeeeedoooobeeeeedoooobeeeeedooooobeeeeee ...doooooowaaaaaa...!!!!!"

:eek:

have you tried it sitting back to front, Markie? :eek:
You know Adam I know exactly what you are talking about. The last time I played this disc about a year ago, when I first got it, Alvin was in rear, which I didn't mind but others did. I have since, about 6 months ago upgraded by 5.1 receiver and today Alvin is front, my mind id blown, how is that possible ? Audessy? I think I'll try Harvest Moon next.

You know Adam I know exactly what you are talking about. The last time I played this disc about a year ago, when I first got it, Alvin was in rear, which I didn't mind but others did. I have since, about 6 months ago upgraded by 5.1 receiver and today Alvin is front, my mind id blown, how is that possible ? Audessy? I think I'll try Harvest Moon next.

oh crikey.. :yikes

I don't know.. it must be Audyssey..!? if you find the effect pleasing, stick with it say I! :upthumb

SW Insurgentes, I need a bigger listening room. A desert island disc. The man knows how to use the center. no twilight is outstanding when you get the speaker placement set just right, couldn't possibly be better live.

Like Gert Wilden, Peter Thomas, and so many talented 70's German composers, Berry Lipman, composer of the soundtrack to the Space Maiden TV show (if you liked Space 1999 and U.F.O., check it out), also recorded a bunch of Herb Alpert and the TBB sound-alike Easy Listening albums. Luckily for me and perhaps two other people on the planet, two of these albums were released in Quad.

I'm presently pleasantly licking the bottom of my fourth Horny Martini and enjoying this "the marimba placed in the rear right" Quad Gem:

Berry%20Lipman%20And%20His%20Orchestra%20lrmndash%20The%20Most%20Beautiful%20Girls%20In%20The%20World%201_zpss8gclf8s.jpg

Berry%20Lipman%20And%20His%20Orchestra%20lrmndash%20The%20Most%20Beautiful%20Girls%20In%20The%20World%202_zpsulqdsv5a.jpg

Like Gert Wilden, Peter Thomas, and so many talented 70's German composers, Berry Lipman, composer of the soundtrack to the Space Maiden TV show, also recorded a bunch of Herb Alpert and the TBB sound-alike Easy Listening albums. Luckily for me and perhaps two other people on the planet, two of these albums were released in Quad.

I'm presently pleasantly licking the bottom of my fourth Horny Martini and enjoying this "the marimba placed in the rear right" Quad Gem:

Berry%20Lipman%20And%20His%20Orchestra%20lrmndash%20The%20Most%20Beautiful%20Girls%20In%20The%20World%201_zpss8gclf8s.jpg

Berry%20Lipman%20And%20His%20Orchestra%20lrmndash%20The%20Most%20Beautiful%20Girls%20In%20The%20World%202_zpsulqdsv5a.jpg

Love it! :friday:

I think there may be more Berry Lipman Quads than those two but on labels other than BASF?
Lemme check! :eek:

Love it! :friday:

I think there may be more Berry Lipman Quads than those two but on labels other than BASF?
Lemme check! :eek:

I've checked and I haven't seen any others. One can dream though... ;)

Jackie Leven: Shining Brother Shining Sister.

Love this great voice singing his own folkish songs. The lyrics are deep and make you cling to each word. The fidelity is very good (dvda at 48K). I keep spinning this one several times a day. The mix, unfortunately, is conservative. Whenever I hear ballads I think of Greg Penny's masterful surround production of Elton John's catalog. Oh how I wish he would have laid his hand on this album but alas it is not so. Nevertheless, Shining Brother Shining Sister is still an album worthy of owning.

Back