Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lKy9Nao.jpg

:smokin

MLUU4TH.jpg

This is very nice - the inlay mentions Elliot Scheiner :smokin

Excellent sounding and performance from Olivia :banana:

Great surround mix in Dolby Digital 5.1.

I wonder why they only did 1 5.1 mix per Sector. Were there insufficient tapes for any other mixes? Will Rush ever release more albums in 5.1? Will they hire a great mixing engineer to do future mixes? :mad:@::confused::mad:@:

I think it was definitely a combination of (missing) tapes and time that factored into the decision of only mixing one album in 5.1 surround for each Sector box set.

I think it was definitely a combination of (missing) tapes and time that factored into the decision of only mixing one album in 5.1 surround for each Sector box set.

Does anyone else find the "Kreiger" character (fr the show Archer)who paints up his van in Rush tributes, kinda funny, weird but funny.? ;)

Saw the new Spider-Man movie today (really great) and had an awesome dinner and party. Now chillin' by myself to:

R-3858813-1391604267-5218.jpeg.jpg

:smokin :brew

Nope, didn't find it. So......

ORDERED! I'll have it in 2 days. :)

Awesome! I'm not alone in thinking it's perhaps the jewel of the Pentatone Deutsche Grammophon remasterings. Kind of crazy to think that they made a quad master of every recording they made from 1970-1976 (some 400+ records), and none ever saw the light of day except for a few test pressings. And the recordings they made in Boston in particular are quite adventurous with the use of discrete information in the rear channels.

Awesome! I'm not alone in thinking it's perhaps the jewel of the Pentatone Deutsche Grammophon remasterings. Kind of crazy to think that they made a quad master of every recording they made from 1970-1976 (some 400+ records), and none ever saw the light of day except for a few test pressings. And the recordings they made in Boston in particular are quite adventurous with the use of discrete information in the rear channels.

"Kind of crazy" :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:

Now that's an understatement if I've ever heard one. LOL!!!

But oh well, what's the use. :p

Yes, the Boston Quad recordings are particularly delightful... the Ravel/Ozawa recording comes to mind.

Back