Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that somehow different than the Amazon listing?

It's kind of weird...the first time I clicked on your link I got the MP3 version...not the DVD package...but now when I clicked I got the proper one...strange...but in any event the listings on discogs might be more convenient for people living in Europe..since the sellers are located there...

It's kind of weird...the first time I clicked on your link I got the MP3 version...not the DVD package...but now when I clicked I got the proper one...strange...but in any event the listings on discogs might be more convenient for people living in Europe..since the sellers are located there...

That's a fair point. It also might be on the various European Amazon sites or other storefronts. It's worth picking up, folks! (y)

Steven Wilson - To the Bone
51UFUGcyhlL.jpg

Foreigner - S/T debut - DVD-A 5.1
Hmmm... better than I remember...

LMAO! Probably. I just now bought it...and initially I thought it sounded a bit...dated. But, the songs are amazing....and well...I compare it to Wilson and Soord mixes.....

Still - my guess is...once I get over that it doesn't have the pristine fidelity of Wilson stuff....I will probably say I love it. :)

LMAO! Probably. I just now bought it...and initially I thought it sounded a bit...dated. But, the songs are amazing....and well...I compare it to Wilson and Soord mixes.....

Still - my guess is...once I get over that it doesn't have the pristine fidelity of Wilson stuff....I will probably say I love it. :)

Yeah, man. I think when I initially rated it, it was probably a big listening day for me. If I put this on right after Wilson's TRtRtS or Eagles Hotel California or something, it might sound a tad lacking in this or that.
But, putting it on first thing as I get home, it sounds fine. VERY discrete. Reasonably punchy. Pretty damn clear.

Maybe somewhat dated, sure. But fun, in that way. I like some '70's radio riffola and synths now and then. Makes me wish there was some good Journey in surround... :mad:@:

Yeah, man. I think when I initially rated it, it was probably a big listening day for me. If I put this on right after Wilson's TRtRtS or Eagles Hotel California or something, it might sound a tad lacking in this or that.
But, putting it on first thing as I get home, it sounds fine. VERY discrete. Reasonably punchy. Pretty damn clear.

Maybe somewhat dated, sure. But fun, in that way. I like some '70's radio riffola and synths now and then. Makes me wish there was some good Journey in surround... :mad:@:

Oh man - you and me both brother! That...would be some killer stuff.

Love me some journey...I'd just settle for some good sounding non surround SACD's...Sony did a couple(including the Greatest Hits)and they were horrible.....check the acoustic sounds 24/96 download DNR figures HERE...and now the same album from a regular CD from 1988 HERE...it's sad that Sony did such a crappy job on the SACD's...but this happens all the time...the people that have control of the music are sometimes the worst option...

I put the Allman Brothers away today after listening to Live at Fillmore East and Eat a Peach last week with Idlewild South the week before. They were everything that I remember and I wish I had the big set of Fillmore East in surround. Today I pulled out the the 2 Ryan Adams Surround sacds that I own and put them in my player. The Rock and Roll disc sounded incredible with quite a bit of stuff going on in the rears and filled up my listening room. I was very happy with my surround experience, since it has been a long time for me to listen to it in anything other than stereo. Gold followed and I had to keep checking my system to make sure I was on the surround layer. I like the music on both discs, but Gold is a complete letdown in surround for me. The crazy thing is that in the surround polls they are very close together. On My system Rock and Roll is a fun active mix that fills my room with sound. Gold with the exact same settings made me wonder if it was truly a surround mix. Sorry to ramble, but if you want a loud, room filling disc listen to Rock and Roll. Gold could have done incredible things with Nobody Girl that is one of my favorites, but it might or is just stereo. Scott

2-nite will be Genesis Night.

From 1970-74

Various DTS DVD selections : Bonus Tracks-Trespass-Nursery Cryme-Foxtrot-Selling England By The Pound-and...The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. All fr the Green Box .:smokin

with Anthony Phillips (on the first 2 ) and Steve Hackett , Peter Gabriel . The best of the Genesis studio albums, imo. :sun

20170827_170302.jpg

Katatonia - Dead End Kings - DVD-V DTS 5.1
Woo!!! Took a good while to find this one!!!

**edit: only to find out it was listed as DVD-A, but only came with DTS - my guess is the Scarecrow version is a knockoff, even though the packaging says it's licensed.
The DTS does sound quite good, but still...**

Last edited:
Back