Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I was listening to Lucifer's Friend, Intersteller Sequence, Doors Singles, and Edgar Winter Group in quad.
Lucifer Friend.jpgdoors singles.jpgedgar winter.jpginterstellar sequence.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, what sjcorne said and all with some good bluesy music too.

Continuing with an album that I would like to see get a real surround mix in the Bitches Brew vein (y), though this is just a stereo surround upmix it is one that I feel would be hard pressed to be improved on as it is a really good one as is (also bring on some albums by all the principles Chick Corea, Stanley Clark, Lenny White and Al De Meola and just for grins throw in some Jean Luc-Ponty for some added jazzrockfusion)

Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior (stereo upmix)

View attachment 36266

Love Romantic Warrior! Is this a simple upmix via DPLII or something similar?

Jerry Granelli-Sandhills Reunion. SACD 5.0

After reading about this Songlines release on various threads, I thought 'in for a penny in for a pound' ( well 8 actually ).
Had it on my wish list and boom, Amazon halved the usual price.

This is one totally unique recording.

Even got 'Darth Vader' guesting at the start of River of Glass.

Never heard anything like this before. Yes its discrete, yes the fidelity is superb and yes the musicianship is great.

If you have an open, musical mind, then I fully recommend this to set your ears alight.

I wouldn't have gone anywhere near this a few years back.

Another big QQ thankyou to all who recommended this truly remarkable recording.

Between The Lines - Janis Ian

revisiting one I've not played for some time and tbh not sure I raved about this lovely ol' Quad enough back when I was hoovering up lovely ol' Quad LPs.. a marvellously active and engaging surround mix (by the great Don Young) perhaps one day this beauty will be freed from its SQ-only constraints, it feels like DV could really bring the best out of this overlooked Quad gem if all interested parties were, erm, interested!

Last edited:
Listening to the long awaited Alan Parsons - Eye In The Sky blu ray that I ordered in June.....don’t ask:rolleyes: Hey, Mammagamma should have been a Pink Floyd song...”What song you listening to?” “Mammagamma”. “What album is it from?” “Electric Moo”. “You trying to be a smart a$$?” “No....hey! be careful with that axe Eugene..”

[COLOR=rgb(235 said:
"[/COLOR]GOS, post: 395522, member: 7989"]
efce1909c4be4af523556ad7ee9bd4ea.jpg

Of course it’s great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, the way ALL Beatles' 5.1 REMIXES SHOULD SOUND....Discrete, Sweet and Gluten~Free!

Happy Halloween to you, Mrs. Gos and that giant mush LAMAR!

Last edited:
Back