Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning music lovers and happy labour day weekend to all you hard workers out there! (y)
Early morning Floyd, Wish You Were Here - listening to the blu ray in 4.2 sound...

Attachments

• WYWH.jpg
    WYWH.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 165
Recently picked up Dream Theatre cd/DVD set. Listened to it last night. A little heavy for my tastes I think but enjoyed some of it on first listen. We will see if it grows on me more... For a complete turn around, listening to Fellow Cdn Anne Murray's dual disc dvd audio for a little Sunday morning pleasure before the Blue Jays beat Baltimore. Lol.

Ok, I don't know the titles, but I recognize most tunes. Guess I need to pay more attention to pre-FoaBP listenings!

Everything on this DVD comes from the era encompassing from "Stupid Dream" to "Deadwing", so all the songs are available on surround sound albums, most likely where you have heard them before.
That's why I love "Anesthetize" even more, cause not only is it high-res, but it contains 3 songs from "Signify", which has never been mixed in surround. :)

I really like Anesthetize. Need to get better familiar with it. Love FoaBP. Not sure what Nil Recurring is, but it came with one of my discs and I remember liking it.
I have all the PT surround discs. I might have to go on a listening spree soon.
Loving this concert. Sound is killer.
In a way, I'm grateful I have all this PT to get familiar with. New music (to me) to discover.
And I'm loving every minute.
Wifey likes PT/SW too...

I really like Anesthetize. Need to get better familiar with it. Love FoaBP. Not sure what Nil Recurring is, but it came with one of my discs and I remember liking it.
I have all the PT surround discs. I might have to go on a listening spree soon.
Loving this concert. Sound is killer.
In a way, I'm grateful I have all this PT to get familiar with. New music (to me) to discover.
And I'm loving every minute.
Wifey likes PT/SW too...

"Nil Recurring" is a companion EP to "Fear of a Blank Planet". It's normally a separate release from the proper album, but the DVDA contains both the album and the EP, making it a fairly complete document of the "Fear of a Blank Planet" era on disc. :)

"Nil Recurring" is a companion EP to "Fear of a Blank Planet". It's normally a separate release from the proper album, but the DVDA contains both the album and the EP, making it a fairly complete document of the "Fear of a Blank Planet" era on disc. :)

Ah, yes. This rings the bells.
These must get spun soon. Damn busy-ness.

Arriving somewhere is excellent and a very worthy addition to any PT fan's collection.

And now for something completelydifferent. Watching Sprinsteen live at the Hammersmith concert that came with the Born to Run special edition box.. Video is dark, sound is only DD but a great concert of the Boss from the 70s at what many would consider his best.

The SACD that started my small collection...still a go to disc for me, what an absolute pleasure it is to listen to this one :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 101
Back