Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mini Red lamp
Nice edging on the paint!

We do have some observant members...I never even think of that when I post pictures of my lastest music purchase and it's usually in the worst(dirty carpet)place next to a sliding glass door because of the abundant outside light coming in🤔

We do have some observant members...I never even think of that when I post pictures of my lastest music purchase and it's usually in the worst(dirty carpet)place next to a sliding glass door because of the abundant outside light coming in🤔

Clinty, time to replace the carpeting with REAL WOOD FLOORING. When I did that a few years ago, acoustically .... it NEVER SOUNDED BETTER. Carpeting absorbs sound. :eek:

Erich Kunzel Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
The Great Movie Scores
From the Films of Steven Spiellberg

Bit of a fan of Mr Kunzels and this is another well mixed Telarc release.

This one:
https://www.discogs.com/Erich-Kunze...vie-Scores-Of-Steven-Spielber/release/7774553

I really miss the TELARC and HEADS~UP Labels, Mike. IMO, they released some extraordinary, well~recorded surround extravaganzas over the years. I have ALL of Erich Kunzel's mch SACDs and NOT a baddie in the lot!

Last edited:
I'm a 'sucker' for SACD multichannel Audio Samplers and this Collection #6 from Scottish Audiophile Label LINN is NO exception:

See the source image

71dW8uoQIQL._SL1400_.jpg

Last edited:
So, Mr. Red, how do you like the DV Severinsen SACD, for those like myself who are not familiar with his studio work?

I'm listening to Weather Report's Tale Spinnin' this Morning.
Love it JP, quad mix is wonderful to show off strings etc. His trumpet is very up front, as it should be. Might be just a tad light on bass, but that’s likely my unfair presumption of what I was expecting vs the music and what was wanted when recorded. I was thinking last night that I don’t play this near enough, but we likely all have ones like that tucked away collecting dust for no good reason :D

I can REALLY kick myself for not adding this to my collection. One of my FAVS! Oh, well. BTW, was UPSTAIRS AT ERIC'S also remixed into 5.1.?

See the source image

Need I ask. Both albums were remixed into 5.1 and I see one is available as a COLLECTIBLE from an AmazonUK 3rd party seller in Ireland [£80 + s/h]. BTW, is it DTS? Is it worth £80, Mike?

Need I ask. Both albums were remixed into 5.1 and I see one is available as a COLLECTIBLE from an AmazonUK 3rd party seller in Ireland [£80 + s/h]. BTW, is it DTS? Is it worth £80, Mike?
There's a million dollar question Ralph
I paid about £65 for mine but in my opinion its worth it...plenty of peeps on discogs after it!!

Back