Looking forward to 2018!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love times like this at the QQ... it makes up for all those slow times where we quibble with each other about Dolby Digital and other such nonsense. Reminds me of something the mysterious snood once said on a night like this long ago (this is a modern translation of the original caveman quote):

"That's it... look upon this moment. Savor It! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always for you are joined by it. You are one, under the glow of the internet. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead you can say, "I was there that night, with Jon, at the QQ! For it is the doom of men that they forget."

:unsure: too many words - no understand:LB

Re: Seeds of Love.

I recall in a SW Q&A, he mentioned that 72 tracks were used for that album. What would be the possibilities of ever getting 7.1 surround mixes in the future? Surely, with all those tracks, a 7.1 mix would work nicely... ;)

Steven Wilson only works in 5.1 (or 4.1 in the case of "This Was") but nothing more than that.

I just totalled up the cost of my waiting to be released/delivered surround purchases between now and the end of November, my credit card is crying as its :eek: £642 and that's not including the Import Duty/Fee on the Billly Joel SACD! My credit card should stop being a wimp, its glorious :51QQ surround music

With all these 50th anniversary sets from 1968, it makes me think I'll need a second mortgage for all the 1969 sets next year!

:unsure::sick::rolleyes::SB:SB:SB

Abbey Road, Let It Bleed, Led Zep II, Nashville Skyline, Five Leaves Left, Dusty In Memphis, Willy and The Poor Boys, Blind Faith, Santana, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Velvet Underground to name but a few... Strewth! If just a couple came through...

Plus there could be a few 40th as well?! London Calling, The Wall, Off The Wall... :cool:

I'm growing ever more impatient waiting on "The Seeds of Love" 5.1 mix (but the 30th anniversary is in 2019, so hope springs eternal, right?!) and I'm also disappointed that we're not getting another XTC 5.1 mix this year, but besides, that I'm thoroughly satisfied with what's been released so far and all of the great releases that will arrive in the next two months, especially since there's still a chance we could get that "Animals" 5.1 mix from Pink Floyd released later this year too!

Oh and there's also still a few more weeks to maybe get some more surprises announced! I for one am still hoping that Rhino pulls out a 40th anniversary "Cars" box set with 5.1 cause I can dream can't I?!

:)

Abbey Road, Let It Bleed, Led Zep II, Nashville Skyline, Five Leaves Left, Dusty In Memphis, Willy and The Poor Boys, Blind Faith, Santana, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Velvet Underground to name but a few... Strewth! If just a couple came through...

Plus there could be a few 40th as well?! London Calling, The Wall, Off The Wall... :cool:
To think that these last ones you mention are now 40 years old is very frightening.

Back