Looking forward to 2018!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen anything about Rush-Hemispheres as 40th anniversary date would be this October, as came out Oct.29,1978.

I found this in a Rush forum, doesn't say what but something is coming out:

https://www.majorlyindie.com/newsRelease.php?NewsReleaseID=784

2018 will also see deluxe reissues and unreleased material from Rush, Stompin' Tom Connors, Lighthouse and Bob & Doug McKenzie on anthem and anthem LEGACY, ole’s rock and catalogue labels. In addition to the releases mentioned above, the ole label group expects to announce more new signings and acquisitions as the year progresses.

Has anyone seen anything about Rush-Hemispheres as 40th anniversary date would be this October, as came out Oct.29,1978.

I found this in a Rush forum, doesn't say what but something is coming out:

https://www.majorlyindie.com/newsRelease.php?NewsReleaseID=784

2018 will also see deluxe reissues and unreleased material from Rush, Stompin' Tom Connors, Lighthouse and Bob & Doug McKenzie on anthem and anthem LEGACY, ole’s rock and catalogue labels. In addition to the releases mentioned above, the ole label group expects to announce more new signings and acquisitions as the year progresses.

Steven Wilson has opinions about Hemispheres

So now we're getting both "Electric Ladyland" (Jimi Hendrix Experience) and "In Search of the Lost Chord" (Moody Blues) in 5.1 surround in November!
No one saw either of these titles coming, and they are without a doubt two of the best records released in 1968!
What a time to be into surround sound!

:)

So now we're getting both "Electric Ladyland" (Jimi Hendrix Experience) and "In Search of the Lost Chord" (Moody Blues) in 5.1 surround in November!
No one saw either of these titles coming, and they are without a doubt two of the best records released in 1968!
What a time to be into surround sound!

:)

Oh yes...and November will provide another important release...The Beatles White Album...the 19 time Platinum release that outsold both Ladyland and Lost Chord...could you imagine being an artist/band in the 60's and trying to compete with all these famous talented groups...it must have been frustrating for some of these bands..

I love times like this at the QQ... it makes up for all those slow times where we quibble with each other about Dolby Digital and other such nonsense. Reminds me of something the mysterious snood once said on a night like this long ago (this is a modern translation of the original caveman quote):

"That's it... look upon this moment. Savor It! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always for you are joined by it. You are one, under the glow of the internet. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead you can say, "I was there that night, with Jon, at the QQ! For it is the doom of men that they forget."

I love times like this at the QQ... it makes up for all those slow times where we quibble with each other about Dolby Digital and other such nonsense. Reminds me of something the mysterious snood once said on a night like this long ago (this is a modern translation of the original caveman quote):

"That's it... look upon this moment. Savor It! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always for you are joined by it. You are one, under the glow of the internet. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead you can say, "I was there that night, with Jon, at the QQ! For it is the doom of men that they forget."

I can see Snood in the light of Excalibur...and Jon in the role of King(because he is)..in times like these I usually quote Nietzsche...and it's most appropriate that he comments on insanity...as he had a mental breakdown...but for us on this forum this quote speaks volumes...."and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Re: Seeds of Love.

I recall in a SW Q&A, he mentioned that 72 tracks were used for that album. What would be the possibilities of ever getting 7.1 surround mixes in the future? Surely, with all those tracks, a 7.1 mix would work nicely... ;)

Re: Seeds of Love.

I recall in a SW Q&A, he mentioned that 72 tracks were used for that album. What would be the possibilities of ever getting 7.1 surround mixes in the future? Surely, with all those tracks, a 7.1 mix would work nicely... ;)
72 tracks sound crazy but that must be how they came up with so much layering. I’ve never read anything about the ‘making of’ this album but the title track had to be a homage to The Beatles.

I don’t feel 7.1 would be appropriate today given they are pushing 5.1 followed by Dolby Atmos. Then there’s Auro-3D followed by if any future releases will be offered in DTS-X.

Back