Mark Knopfler - One Deep River (SDE exclusive Blu-Ray w/Dolby Atmos, limited to 2000, April '24)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey bro, you mean...you didn't even know about the title being released?

EDIT - OK, nevermind. I assumed you were talking about the One Deep River. lol
Yeah this needs its own thread.
I'm not so sure we missed it. oddly, it says sold out, but also shows a release date of March 15, 2024. Can that mean they exhausted a pre order allotment?
Looking at the site closer, the .99 digital single is up for preorder, again with a release date of 3/15. Could it be that this niche surround version sold itself out before it was even released? whaaaaat

Yeah this needs its own thread.

Looking at the site closer, the .99 digital single is up for preorder, again with a release date of 3/15. Could it be that this niche surround version sold itself out before it was even released? whaaaaat
The YouTube announcement video is all of 9 days old. That sounds like more than enough time to miss the Blu Ray pre-order, especially given that it includes the late Jeff Beck’s last recorded performance. FWIW, I don’t see how that many musicians can be featured on a recording of a single song(at least, not in a way that even 1/4 of them would have their individual performances stand out in the mix).

The YouTube announcement video is all of 9 days old. That sounds like more than enough time to miss the Blu Ray pre-order, especially given that it includes the late Jeff Beck’s last recorded performance. FWIW, I don’t see how that many musicians can be featured on a recording of a single song(at least, not in a way that even 1/4 of them would have their individual performances stand out in the mix).
:unsure: 2 notes each? :rolleyes:

I first saw it mentioned in this thread on feb 8, 9 days ago. It was listed as sold out then on Knopflers site. Something's up with this. Maybe the Blurays won't be ready for 3/15

I first saw it mentioned in this thread on feb 8, 9 days ago. It was listed as sold out then on Knopflers site. Something's up with this. Maybe the Blurays won't be ready for 3/15
🤞that there’s still a chance to get this one. To quote Willy The Shake, “Beware the Ides of March!” (Because a 3/14 release date would be irrational; sorry, math joke!)

Either way, our chances of getting this one are equivalent to asking for Pi in the sky.

Yes, it might have been nice to include some of the session material as bonus tracks, even if it was just bits of rough jamming or whatever. Or (like on the album Gillan's Inn) have a 'choose your solo' option where they have the same song but with different lead guitar solos. Or (like the hour-long Schizoid Man on the expanded Earthbound by King Crimson) turn the song into a massive single jam session. (I'm guessing the latter is kind of what they've done but only got to about 10 mins?) Hopefully they will make more copies available seeing as it's for charity.

Just remembered: When I saw Dire Straits in 1984, they did Going Home at the end and Pete T came on to play, though I remember thinking he didn't really add anything, but it was great to see him. (Earlier, they dedicated Two Young Lovers to Prince Charles and Princess Diana, who were in the audience, which shows how long ago it was.)

Last edited:
Saw him in 2009 up in the National Indoor Arena (its changed its name since then I think) in Birmingham, wonderful gig, and the support was John Mayall!!
This should tell you something about how old I am. I saw BB King at Central Park in NYC for all of 3 dollars. The opening act was Bruce Springsteen (touring in support of his first album).

Last edited:
This should tell you something about how old I am. I saw BB King at Central Park in NYC for all of 3 dollars. The opening act was Bruce Springsteen (touring in support of his first album).
This one? https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bb-king/1969/central-park-mall-new-york-ny-63c2da4f.html
if it was my first gig was nigh on 5 years later in 1974 to see The Groundhogs, can't remember how much though. The following year I paid £2.75 to go to the Knebworth Festival, Floyd were headlining

I think it's an error on the website, a delay in manufacturing, or an outright cancelation. I don't see where there was ever a pre-order window from the time it was announced.

I think it's an error on the website, a delay in manufacturing, or an outright cancelation. I don't see where there was ever a pre-order window from the time it was announced.
There was no pre-order window, it’s limited to 2,000, first come first served

There is a side topic going on here and may be confusing folks (it did me!)

They are not talking about One Deep River.
Correct - someone brought up in this thread that Mark Knopfler is also releasing a charity single featuring almost every great guitarist known to man…not sure how you get that many people on one track…but I will never likely know since the blu-ray with Atmos mix is sold out…

https://markknopflersguitarheroes.tmstor.es/

Correct - someone brought up in this thread that Mark Knopfler is also releasing a charity single featuring almost every great guitarist known to man…not sure how you get that many people on one track…but I will never likely know since the blu-ray with Atmos mix is sold out…

https://markknopflersguitarheroes.tmstor.es/
You can still buy the CD if you just want to hear it.

Back