Mofi has announced the first 6 Van Halen albums for SACD (and LP) Fall 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have great memories of going to Daytona a bunch of times one summer with the old gang.
Van Halen was getting a lot play in my bud's van on those trips. Every one would be partying at the club I was working at on Saturday nights and I would get off about 2 AM and we'd pile in that van and hit I4 to Daytona. Man I miss those days.

Seaside sittin at the beach all day then off to The Wreck bar to hear great club bands and share gallon fishbowls of "Hippie Bitch's"...and on one Daytona trip Gregg Allman sat in on the last set with the band!

Never got into Hagar all that much, more a fan of the earlier Van Halen . But who can't relate to I can't drive 55?

You’d think they’d release the SACD’s first seeing how long it takes to do a vinyl record, let alone, a One-Step compared to a shiny disc.

When I heard this news, I said, 🤬, multiple times, on multiple occasions over several days because I just finished purchasing the first six records on 33 1/3 vinyl. Though, I won’t receive Dive Down until next month…..hopefully. Then, I started thinking, as much as I love these albums, do I really want to pay $125 for a single album that’s just a hair over 30 minutes, on each title, spread over two LP’s spinning at 45rpm? Hell, no! I’d have to purchase all six. Besides, the last batch of Van Halen records sound fantastic. So, other than spinning them at 45rpm for increased sound quality, not sure how they can better the current lot which were cut directly from the Analog Master Tapes.

This is cool and all, but I want like... full remixes where I can actually hear the bass, maybe spread out the sound for those of us (including Ed) who hated the "guitar always being in one speaker" thing.

And I know I probably differ from most people on here, but I want the Sammy era stuff as well. Some damn good Van Halen being left out... hell the Sammy era has never even been remastered, to my knowledge. And speaking of albums that need a remix or more... I LOVE 5150, but those drums badly need to be de-eighties-ified. I'd be fine with Alex recording all new drum parts.

BLASPHEMY to some, I know, but I am a rebel fan! Plus we'd all still have the original versions too.

I was hoping the DLR era albums were phase 1 and that the Hagar era albums would follow at some point as phase 2. I can wish can't I.
I'd be in for all the VH albums. Hell, I might even force myself to get VH III just to be a completist (but I doubt anyone would bother re-releasing that album).

And I know I probably differ from most people on here, but I want the Sammy era stuff as well. Some damn good Van Halen being left out... hell the Sammy era has never even been remastered, to my knowledge. And speaking of albums that need a remix or more... I LOVE 5150, but those drums badly need to be de-eighties-ified. I'd be fine with Alex recording all new drum parts.

I believe the Sammy era titles were remastered but released only in Japan. I would love to see the Sammy era albums released on SACD as well.

I believe the Sammy era titles were remastered but released only in Japan. I would love to see the Sammy era albums released on SACD as well.
I'd like to see the Sammy era albums done as well, the difference for me being that I wouldn't want 5150. I tolerated it back then, but I absolutely can't stand it now. I've always felt that Dave kicked their asses with the Eat 'em and Smile album in '85. Now that was a hell of a response back at his old bandmates. I'd love to see that one on Mofi SACD...

Oh see I love 5150, I just think those damn drum pads sound horrible.
Only song I am not that enamored with is "Why Can't This Be Love". The rest are all great VH songs. "Dream", "Summer Nights", "Best Of Both Worlds", and "Love Walks In" are all VH "greatest hits" candidates. And my favorite song on the album might just be the title track.

I'll just leave this here . . . so excited!
1645905547498.png

Latest posts

Back