MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched and listened to The Dukes of September with Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs. The music is great but the surround is ambience and audience - nothing special for the surround nut. The performance of Pretzel Logic is at a slower pace but killer!

Frank Zappa "Over-nite Sensation" 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition (5 discs incl Blu-ray w/Atmos, Quad & Hi-Res Stereo)

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3290.jpeg

Peter Gabriel "i/o" (3 disc edition w/Bright-Side, Dark-Side and In-Side Mixes, incl. Blu-ray in Dolby Atmos)

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3380.jpeg

straight off the bat i'll say, while i applaud this release in so many ways, if you were browsing this edition on a store shelf, you would have absolutely no idea as to the contents! 😳

you'd certainly have no clue that it includes a Blu-ray with the Dolby Atmos mixes 🤷🏻‍♀️

even just a mention of the Atmos Blu-ray on the "Back-Side" 😉 of the packaging or some blurb on the obi strip or a sticker to advertise the Atmos, or well anything..!? 🤦‍♀️

Frank Zappa "Over-nite Sensation" 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition (5 discs incl Blu-ray w/Atmos, Quad & Hi-Res Stereo)

View attachment 98802
Where was your sticker on the back (the big one, with the tracklistings on) stuck too? Mine was stuck to the cellophane on the outside, and couldn't be peeled off this, so I had to cut around the sticker (with cellophane attached) and put this loosely inside the box. Not ideal! I didn't want to bin this sticker, as its the only place in the package that has the tracklisting in full.

Where was your sticker on the back (the big one, with the tracklistings on) stuck too? Mine was stuck to the cellophane on the outside, and couldn't be peeled off this, so I had to cut around the sticker (with cellophane attached) and put this loosely inside the box. Not ideal! I didn't want to bin this sticker, as its the only place in the package that has the tracklisting in full.
Yea I accidentally ripped a corner off mine not realising it was just a sticker on the cellophane wrapper:rolleyes::cry: did the same as you with the damaged remains. I was looking at that photo too and thinking it looks like it's underneath the cellophane, I wonder if they rethought it and there are 2 versions.

underneath the cellophane, thank God! 🙏😅

Yea I accidentally ripped a corner off mine not realising it was just a sticker on the cellophane wrapper:rolleyes::cry: did the same as you with the damaged remains. I was looking at that photo too and thinking it looks like it's underneath the cellophane, I wonder if they rethought it and there are 2 versions.
I wasn't careful enough either and wasn't concentrating when I opened it all up, so its far from perfect now!

Speaking of 2 versions, I was reading over at SHF that the European version, as opposed to the US version (mine is the European, as it says made in Germany on the sticker (which fredblue's doesn't I see)) has a "defective" cd (disc 2), in that this disc is mastered a bit louder than the other discs in the set. I don't see that as a real defect, I just turn it down when I play disc 2, unless I'm missing something (which is possible!).

Back