MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know yet sorry Duncan, I've only just got home from work and ripped open the parcel :eek:

Depeche Mode are one of those bands I'd never listened to until I spotted them on 5.1 bought it out of curiosity (& only £5 in a record shop!) and though hey this is interesting!

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

10690305_10152863448210499_394724308844944848_n.jpg

Next up, Depeche Mode 'Live in Berlin/Delta Machine 5.1". Got to wait for it to come from Amazon France where I picked it up for under £20 new! :banana:

Noticed the 5.1 was sourced from 88k material.. I wonder if Bob Clearmountain mixed this for SACD "back in the day" (say 10 yrs ago?) and it has been languishing in Universal's vaults ever since..? Hmm.. I wish he would swing by QQ sometime :)

Adam - Hows the mix on the Reckless?

Adam - Hows the mix on the Reckless?

In a word = FAB!

Lots of nice discrete stuff in the rears. Lead vocals and guitar sound the best I've ever heard them on this album, happy coincidence given its Bryan Adams! :ugham:

Bob Clearmountain really nails this 5.1 thing everytime, he's right up there with my fave remixers. A(nother) must have for us QQ guys, imho (y)

Edit: I'll add, it's not a mega playful mix with things flying all around the room, like the new Al Kooper 5.1 of Blood, Sweat & Tears' Child Is Father To The Man.. but it is still a very nice immersive surround mix, certainly no mistaking it for an ambience or double stereo job :)

Live In Berlin w/Delta Machine album in 5.1 - Depeche Mode (CD+DVD-V+BD-A set).

Is there a QQ thread/Poll for this one?

Mixed feelings after just one play.. the 5.1 has nice moments and its definitely discrete.. but it's a loud disc.. not bright or fatiguing but loud and bass-heavy.

The material is what it is.. I know some people loved it instantly and others were disappointed when it first came out. I enjoyed it for the most part but on the fence over some songs.. I'll see if it grows on me even more with repeated surround listening, as a lot of stuff has done over the years.

My biggest gripe is the BD-A disc itself, billed as 5.1 it auto-plays the Stereo upon loading! :mad:@:

..oh and the BDA navigation.. there maybe the "Pure Audio" logo on the packaging but it doesn't behave quite like a PA-BD, track 3 stutters and starts so you have to hit "Trk Skip Back".. to get it play. and the Pause button does nothing on the remote at all, so it's either play all the way through in one sitting or stop.. and nothing in between..! :ugham:

(I think I may have a solution - and no disrespect to the folks who did this BD.. why don't they just get QQ Neil to do it, or whoever did the Reckless HFPA? Seemples! :D )

Well, just placed my order for Bob Marley Legend on Blu-Ray Audio. It was just a matter of time...with a little prodding from "The Man With No Name"...lol

Well, just placed my order for Bob Marley Legend on Blu-Ray Audio. It was just a matter of time...with a little prodding from "The Man With No Name"...lol

Finally...geeze...I had to gang up on you..now you did order the right one now...the 30th anniversary edition HERE because there was an earlier blu ray audio edition that was crap...but I know you have Prime so you probably hit the amazon cart...hehe...

Let's hear if for GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGman! :wave:woopie:banana:

Finally...geeze...I had to gang up on you..now you did order the right one now...the 30th anniversary edition HERE because there was an earlier blu ray audio edition that was crap...but I know you have Prime so you probably hit the amazon cart...hehe...

Let's hear if for GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGman! :wave:woopie:banana:

LMAO! No, I didn't order the right one. But, since you have my back...I just cancelled. I'll use your link and get the right one. Thanks BRO!

I think that is the quickest I've ever placed an order, then cancelled...lol.
So, I have ordered the 30th Anniversary version. Same price...same delivery date.....will arrive Saturday.

Tears For Fears-Songs From The Big Chair....well this was my first order was Burning Shed and they got it hear much faster than amazon UK does...only took 10 days to get to the US....now I'm going to make a pizza and I will be listening to songs from MY BIG CHAIR:banana:

Back