MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 'Oo Live at Shea Stadium 1982

Unknown.jpeg

Nice purchase Linda, I've been leaning towards this one, your thoughts? Is this one of those SD discs? If so, I guess the audio portion might win one over if it's good? Thanks...

Picked this one up at the local FYE. Had some in-store credit so walked out with it for about $15.

I like the ape picture better than this one, but I guess Roger had a bad experience he couldn't get over, so he needed to do a revision.

Attachments

• amused_1.jpg
    amused_1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 181
  • amused_2.jpg
    amused_2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 178
"Amused To Death" BD-A, in fact two units, one is waiting for my cousin who's now with his wife on the vacation in France and BD "No Bull" by AC/DC.
neither of them yet to be heard so have no idea how good/bad they are.
i'm not much into video concerts but this AC/DC disc says 96/24 PCM stereo and 5.1 96/24 Dolby TrueHD and only 5 bucks so i thought not big lose,
even if turned out to be un-impressive.

Last edited:
Is this the same woman that was in A View To A Kill?

Yep, The one and only... Grace Jones!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Jones

And don't forget... Conan the Destroyer. :mad:@: LOL!

That Grace Jones - Disco BD-A has a whole bunch of fun disco on it...3 full albums and bonus tracks!!!
I wish they would have put together an aggressive surround mix for this BD-A, but the 2-ch stereo mix sounds great! Glad to have it.

Last edited:
Rush Live In Rio Blu Ray

This one is not mixed by Richard C. and is less compressed than the previous four Rush Blu Rays(live). That being said the vocals are recessed, not very clear at all. Crowd only in rears, but at least rears are used, unlike most of the Blu Rays I have.

Overall I would say this is worth checking out!

Attachments

• download (33).jpg
    download (33).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 162
Yep, The one and only... Grace Jones!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Jones

And don't forget... Conan the Destroyer. :mad:@: LOL!

That Grace Jones - Disco BD-A has a whole bunch of fun disco on it...3 full albums and bonus tracks!!!
I wish they would have put together an aggressive surround mix for this BD-A, but the 2-ch stereo mix sounds great! Glad to have it.

I listened to part of it yesterday...the first 15 songs... and it sounded impressive...very clear and dynamic...Grace isn't Gloria Gaynor... but with the King of the Disco Mix(Tom Moulton)working with her it was a polished performance...much more that I had expected...that was my first exposure to Grace singing...from most observers her early music...like this one...was her best work...not surprising with Moulton's involvement...there is a massive amount of content on this disc and would be great background music for a house party..43 songs would provide a lot of music...

Rush Live In Rio Blu Ray

This one is not mixed by Richard C. and is less compressed than the previous four Rush Blu Rays(live). That being said the vocals are recessed, not very clear at all. Crowd only in rears, but at least rears are used, unlike most of the Blu Rays I have.

Overall I would say this is worth checking out!

I noticed this is an SD (standard def.) disc. How do you find the video quality compared to, say, the other Rush concert discs?

I noticed this is an SD (standard def.) disc. How do you find the video quality compared to, say, the other Rush concert discs?

This is a transfer, of the SD version to Blu-Ray, not many have reviews about that one, but apparently the close shots are clearer but not the long shots who are still blurry.

This is a transfer, of the SD version to Blu-Ray, not many have reviews about that one, but apparently the close shots are clearer but not the long shots who are still blurry.

Roger Waters - Amused to death
I have never listened to this before so it was quite exciting.
The 5.1 seemed very discreet to begin with but after hearing the whole album i am very impressed with everything.
The persons who made the 5.1 really knew what they were doing and were not just playing around

Back