Nektar - Remember The Future SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Here is a request from Roye Albrighton of Nektar:
In addition to the SACD release of "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" in March, we are looking at issuing both "Down to Earth" and "Remember the Future" as SACD Hybrid releases in September with 5.1 Surround sound mixes. "Down to Earth" will appear with previously unreleased bonus tracks and "Remember the Future" will appear with a bonus edit which appeared on a German sampler CD compilation "Made in Germany".

Before we proceed with an SACD Surround Sound release of "Remember the Future", we need to know that at least 300 of you would be interested in purchasing this directly from us. If you would be interested in having a Surround Sound version of NEKTAR's most successful album, please email [email protected] with your name and address. As soon as we have enough pledges to purchase this release, we will proceed with the SACD Surround Remaster, and will have this ready for release in early September 2004. We hope to hear from you soon!"

Journey To The Center Of The Eye is already available for pre-order. Let's see if we can get this historic quad lp (RTF) to be re-issued as a multi channel hybrid SACD. :sun

sspsandy said:
Journey To The Center Of The Eye is already available for pre-order. Let's see if we can get this historic quad lp (RTF) to be re-issued as a multi channel hybrid SACD. :sun

Thx for passing this info on! I'm going right to that website now to request they go for releasing RTF on SACD !!!
(I just hope they do a new surround mix and don't just put out the original weak(imo) quad mix!)

sspsandy said:
Before we proceed with an SACD Surround Sound release of "Remember the Future", we need to know that at least 300 of you would be interested in purchasing this directly from us. If you would be interested in having a Surround Sound version of NEKTAR's most successful album, please email [email protected] with your name and address. As soon as we have enough pledges to purchase this release, we will proceed with the SACD Surround Remaster, and will have this ready for release in early September 2004. We hope to hear from you soon!"
I just did my part, hopefully there will be enough people who do the same

sspsandy said:
Here is a request from Roye Albrighton of Nektar:
In addition to the SACD release of "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" in March, we are looking at issuing both "Down to Earth" and "Remember the Future" as SACD Hybrid releases in September with 5.1 Surround sound mixes. "Down to Earth" will appear with previously unreleased bonus tracks and "Remember the Future" will appear with a bonus edit which appeared on a German sampler CD compilation "Made in Germany".

An interesting approach! I would think there should be 300 people interested in these 2 albums to warrant making them available on Hybrid Surround SACD as well.

bmoura said:
An interesting approach! I would think there should be 300 people interested in these 2 albums to warrant making them available on Hybrid Surround SACD as well.

I have emailed em and told them that even though I'm a fan, I have no interest in rebuying the CD's - reissue them in hybrid hires 5.1 and you will sell considerably more..

I also told them about this forum and that we will do our part to spread the word that they are coming on SACD..

I read on HighFidelity site (where I picked this news up from) that the re-issues would be single inventory surround sound SACD - great news. I've sent my email in.

Howard (y)

Back