New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully my order for the two 'stocked' discs has gone through (ie: Hootie & The Blowfish and Alanis Morissette). For anyone interested, shipping to the UK costs $15.99.

Currently, I'm just seeing spinning dots on the screen... I've also tried to create an account but it's not worked... Plus I've received no PayPal confirmation :cry:
The Rhino store seems picky what browser you use... I originally was using Opera, and it wouldn't complete the order, but it did in Chrome. I know people have had trouble ordering with the Rhino store in the past. I think I did too, but I don't remember the details, probably picky about what browser you use like this time....
ETA: Should have read further, looks like a pop up blocker issue.

Last edited:
Does anyone know (@ForagingRhino ??) whether Rhino now is capable of shipping an order in one go overseas, because I want to order some already available Quadios with it? Last time they split orders and I had to pay 2 times shipping and carrier fee!

Does anyone know (@ForagingRhino ??) whether Rhino now is capable of shipping an order in one go overseas, because I want to order some already available Quadios with it? Last time they split orders and I had to pay 2 times shipping and carrier fee!
Did the orders have to be split because the albums were released on different dates?

Personally, I've ordered the two disc releases that are available now. And will order the next two disc releases when the become available on the 26 April. Although postage to the UK is currently £15.00, I don't want to wait until the end of April/May to receive all four discs...

Did the orders have to be split because the albums were released on different dates?

Personally, I've ordered the two disc releases that are available now. And will order the next two disc releases when the become available on the 26 April. Although postage to the UK is currently £15.00, I don't want to wait until the end of April/May to receive all four discs...
No that was a quadio bundle. Three of the four came first and one later.

I looked at the track list of The Best Of The Doors-Track 15-Riders On The Storm and that will be the ultimate ATMOS test for me. My hope is rain will be very isolated coming down only from the height speakers, that will be so cool.

I received an email from Rhino regarding these 4 BD-As. What caught my attention is that these 4 releases are being described as a “maiden voyage” so we so expect more to come.
I was just going to say the same thing. That is cool man. SDE and Rhino in a ATMOS dual shootout and we get to benefit.

For curious Canadians (and you-know-who), it looks like they're CAN$34.99 each on the Warner Canada store, but there's a "SPRINGMUSIC" discount that knocks them down by 20%, so CAN$28. But shipping is a killer again (CAN$22.50 for 2 discs :mad:). Anyhow, all up CAN$82.50 for Doors & Mac, links:

The Doors
Fleetwood Mac
Ordered all 4 at Cdn$28 each. Shipping Cdn$15 for all 4. Don't know why they charge $22.50 for 2 and $15 for 4, doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
I also hope for the Steven Wilson mix of Sister Sledge We Are Family, which is an Edwards/Rodgers production. It is, of course, on Apple Music and has a great mix.
I'm treating my brother to Sister Sledge and Chaka Kahn in a double billing in June this year. It's part of his 50th birthday pressies.

I looked at the track list of The Best Of The Doors-Track 15-Riders On The Storm and that will be the ultimate ATMOS test for me. My hope is rain will be very isolated coming down only from the height speakers, that will be so cool.
If the Atmos mix is the same as what is streaming on Apple Music for this track (and I expect it would be), then you may be slightly disappointed. The rain effect is very enveloping and sounds very good, but not isolated to the overheads. In fact it sounds like the rain is coming mostly from the rear surrounds in my 7.2.4 setup. The thunder does move through the overheads quite a bit throughout the track. Overall I think it is very effective.

Got swept up by this exciting announcement and ordered all 4. Even though I have decent surround discs on the Doors and Fleetwood Mac. And even though I would have received free shipping if I waited for the next Quadio release to put me over $100. Used the 15% discount code (thank you) and pulled the trigger.

Although The Doors were a little before my time, I recently bought The Doors movie on VHS at a thrift shop, the movie was interesting enough for me to head over to Vintage Stock soon to buy a used disc copy of the movie.

The Doors Blu-ray does mention that the disc has a 5.1 mix, but no mention of the original ~50 year old 4.0 Quad mix being on the new Blu-ray too, a Google search reveals that this 4.0 mix has been released twice already (not by WMG/Rhino though), I'm wondering why the original 4.0 mix wasn't included on this new Atmos Blu-ray?

edit: one previous MCH release of The Doors was by WMG.

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back