New Katatonia album "Sky Void Of Stars" coming 1/20/23 (with Dolby Atmos mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order arrived today. I've only listened to it once and I really like it. I think this album is better than the previous one (which I also liked).
It is worth noting that there are 3 mixes on the BLU-RAY disc: stereo (LPCM), 5.1 (DTS-HDMA) and Dolby Atmos.
I listened to 5.1 - the mix is perfect, there is always something going on in the rear speakers (but of course it's not like in "Star Wars" :)).
Great purchase!

Got my shipping notice from Napalm today - really looking forward to this one after the lack of a surround mix for City Burials. 2023 is starting out great with this and the new Riverside which I've already received. What an incredible time to be a prog fan. Decades ago I would never have thought that in 2023 we'd be seeing regular prog releases from the likes of multi-faceted artists like Steven Wilson, Bruce Soord, Jonas Renkse, Mikael Åkerfeldt, not to mention classic acts like Jethro Tull, Alan Parsons, King Crimson, etc. and all in surround sound. I'm amazed whenever I think about it.

Received my intact wooden box late yesterday and was able to listen to a few tracks. First impression is that the Atmos mix is excellent and the music seems to be a bit of a throwback to a slightly earlier sound - very welcome in my opinion. The blu-ray animation is also pretty cool. Still not sure what I'm going to do with the damn box and trinkets - I hate to think how much these doodads added to the cost of the package. :rolleyes:

It arrived a couple of days early.
04F36330-23EA-4E04-AAB2-0D7CA245562A.jpeg

Very cool! Waiting on mine. I accidentally ordered from the European store. Tracking says it in flight so I hope I get it some time next week

Received my intact wooden box late yesterday and was able to listen to a few tracks. First impression is that the Atmos mix is excellent and the music seems to be a bit of a throwback to a slightly earlier sound - very welcome in my opinion. The blu-ray animation is also pretty cool. Still not sure what I'm going to do with the damn box and trinkets - I hate to think how much these doodads added to the cost of the package. :rolleyes:
I have the same dilemma with the box. For now, I packed it up and put it in the closet. Maybe I'll put it on an auction site for 10-15 euros and some die-hard fan will buy it. :LOL:

Man, i am kicking myself for not ordering one of these! Waited to hear my fellow QQ reviewers . . . not thinking about who did the mix! My dumb aspect! Maybe this miss on my part will be enough to get me streaming. Maybe i'll just put an album on and run it through the SM! That'll take the sting out! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Can someone post a link to where this is available for purchase? I knew the album was coming out and had a 5.1 mix but for some reason I can't find anything.

Last edited:
Back