New Nine Inch Nails album 'The Slip' FREE! In 24/96 Stereo!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only the MP3 files are downloadable directly from the NIN site. The other downloads are torrent files including this one (from NIN site):

high definition WAVE 24/96 (1.2 gb)

better-than-CD-quality 24bit 96kHz audio (more info)

for advanced audiophiles only! although you will be able to play these files with most players that support WAVE format, you will not get any benefits from the higher resolution audio unless you have extremely high-end audio equipment. if you're not familiar with 24/96 audio, this download is not recommended.

this link will download a small .torrent file, which you must open with a torrent application in order to download the audio files. visit this site for information about using torrents.

all files are 100% DRM-free.

No 5.1 but still... high rez and FREE. In order to download the 24/96 files you need a torrent client like uTorrent. I am not sure about the other formats. The download for 2496 is 1.43GB and the DL speed is FAST!

I'm using uTorrent, something I've never used before, (it should be ok to discuss this as the files are all are 100% DRM-free). Do the files appear after you download or as you go? What should I be seeing as I download? Thanks.

Added:
I found them. I seem to be downloading at around 30.0 kb/s. I don't know if that's fast or not...

Last edited:
I'm using uTorrent, something I've never used before, (it should be ok to discuss this as the files are all are 100% DRM-free). Do the files appear after you download or as you go? What should I be seeing as I download? Thanks.

Added:
I found them. I seem to be downloading at around 30.0 kb/s. I don't know if that's fast or not...

You will notice that they may speed up depending on your internet connection. I averaged 500-700 kb/s and as much as 1MB /s. Usually the more seeders there are the faster the download.

Everything downloaded fine except in the “The Slip art” folder file “02-1000000.jpg” either didn’t download right or is corrupted. Can anyone confirm please?

I need this file for the DVD ROM folder for the DVD-Audio disc. Thanks.

The artwork for the booklet is also in the PDF file, which downloaded fine. But the PDF might be at a different resolution. I’ll have to open the PDF in Photoshop to confirm.

Everything downloaded fine except in the “The Slip art” folder file “02-1000000.jpg” either didn’t download right or is corrupted. Can anyone confirm please?

Corrupted how? It looks this way on purpose:

Attachments

• slip.JPG
    slip.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 198
Corrupted how? It looks this way on purpose:

Hi Dave,

That is not the file I'm refering to. The file “02-1000000.jpg” in the “The Slip art” folder would not open or work no matter which program I used. Does it open with your download? I know the photo is there in the PDF file. Thanks.

The file should looks like this:

Attachments

• nin5.JPG
    nin5.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 192
Hi Dave,

That is not the file I'm refering to. The file “02-1000000.jpg” in the “The Slip art” folder would not open or work no matter which program I used. Does it open with your download? I know the photo is there in the PDF file. Thanks.

02 1000000 should refer to the second song, 1,000,000. I see this

02 1,000,000.mp3

Did you download the 24/96? Maybe there's a difference in art files from that to the FLAC. I downloaded the FLAC. It gave me a PDF with all the art in one file.

02 1000000 should refer to the second song, 1,000,000. I see this

Did you download the 24/96? Maybe there's a difference in art files from that to the FLAC. I downloaded the FLAC. It gave me a PDF with all the art in one file.

I downloaded the 24/96 files as well as a PDF file that has the art and a folder called “The Slip art” that has JPG's at 300 dpi for professional printing that has names same as the songs. I used the torrent at the bottom of the NIN page. Thanks.

“The Slip art” files look like this: File “02-1000000.jpg” does not open for me and looks like it has a different file size than it should.

Attachments

• nin6.JPG
    nin6.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 188
I downloaded the 24/96 files as well as a PDF file that has the art and a folder called “The Slip art” that has JPG's at 300 dpi for professional printing that has names same as the songs. I used the torrent at the bottom of the NIN page. Thanks.

“The Slip art” files look like this: File “02-1000000.jpg” does not open for me and looks like it has a different file size than it should.

Okay, thanks. I don't recall such a folder in mine.

I wonder if the torrent changed or if someone just put the PDF art in JPG format...

I'm not sure yet what the DPI of the PDF art is at. But if its 300 dpi, then the JPG folder is unnecessary, as it is missing some of what the PDF art has.

hi, old quad guy - do you still have the torrent? Have you tried to redownload only the slip art? unfortunately i deleted my torrent file already..

According to the guys at Hydrogen Audio, all these files except tracks 7 and 8 are 16/96 padded to 24/96.
That's still better than CD quality, but it's worth mentioning.

My one did this too.

Back