New Nine Inch Nails album 'The Slip' FREE! In 24/96 Stereo!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, old quad guy - do you still have the torrent? Have you tried to redownload only the slip art? unfortunately i deleted my torrent file already..

No I have not, perhaps I'll try later. The messed up JPG is in the PDF file. I think you can go back to the original e-mail for the torrent; I just bookmarked the site when I got to the page and it still works.

I'm not very hip with the torrent thing; I don't want my computer hacked. Although everything seems fine so far. I'm not sure what exactly what I'm uploading as I download. I hope it's only bandwidth or the files I downloaded being shared and not anything else.

so, sorry for repeating, but how would one burn a dvd-audio or video with the slipart files and all?
regards,

BS

One needs a DVD-Audio program that allows you to create a "ROM" folder on the disc, if there's enough room, to add the files we downloaded to the DVD-A music disc. Chrome allow you to do this, I'm not sure what other programs do "ROM Folders" with DVD-Audio.

If you just want to create a DVD-Audio disc with the NIN files there's DiscWelder BRONZE for Windows or Mac for $99:
https://secure.minnetonkasoftware.com/store/default.aspx

or for less than $50 is DVD-Audio Solo: http://www.cirlinca.com/index.htm

Last edited:
I use DVD-Audio Solo and find it to be quite good, but you do get 5 free burns and the NIN would only use one of them, so that's probably the cheapest way to get it to burn if you don't intend to start burning lots of DVD-Audio files.

I use it quite a bit for shows that I download from artists who allow taping like DMB, because the tapers mostly record directly to digital now anywhere from 24/88.2 to 24/192.

However if I pick up a 4308CI from Denon I'll be able to stream those files directly from my PC and will no longer need to use DVD-A Solo or waste discs at all.

:)

However if I pick up a 4308CI from Denon I'll be able to stream those files directly from my PC and will no longer need to use DVD-A Solo or waste discs at all.

:)

This is a very cool feature of this receiver. You can send pictures and audio files (no video) through your wireless or hardwired network directly to the receiver. It's very easy. You can also access the setup menus of the receiver and switch inputs to the receiver in real time from your laptop or computer.

Well worth the bucks - plus it's a hell of receiver and does all of the new HiRez video codecs. :smokin:smokin

Jon what's your opinion on the difference between this and the TX-NR905.

Is the difference in DAC's (PCM1796 on the 905 vs. PCM1791A on the 4308CI) something that would be noticeable? Is the Denon the better choice at the same price?

(I can get a scratch and dent 905 for $1327 or a refurbished 4308CI for $1350)

Jon what's your opinion on the difference between this and the TX-NR905.

Is the difference in DAC's (PCM1796 on the 905 vs. PCM1791A on the 4308CI) something that would be noticeable? Is the Denon the better choice at the same price?

(I can get a scratch and dent 905 for $1327 or a refurbished 4308CI for $1350)

PM on the way............ :smokin

Say, when burning discs use gapless (no seconds between songs) because track 7 flows right into track 8 with the piano sound - if I'm not mistaken.

I found this download on a torrent site:

This is an OFFICIAL / FREE / CREATIVE COMMONS nin.com torrent

This is a corrected completly fresh new torrent because Trent admitted there were an error on previous HIDEF torrent that was not 24/96 but 16/96 .
You can check the image arts folder has been renamed and added the cover for extra file.

anyone knows about this?

Yes the corrected files have been up for a while now.
Trent himself joined up at Hydrogen Audio's forums to confirm everything and he also listed some equipment that was used to answer some forum member's questions.

Yes the corrected files have been up for a while now.
Trent himself joined up at Hydrogen Audio's forums to confirm everything and he also listed some equipment that was used to answer some forum member's questions.

Thanks! Found the link:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=63086&view=findpost&p=565179

Gents-
Thanks for the heads up regarding this matter. The corrected files are now posted on our site and if you re-download them they will be the correct ones.
What happened? We mastered this on Friday (5/2) and released it Sunday night. The files went right from mastering to the server without the proper scrutiny (aside from a cursory listen for errors). The last two songs were different because they were redone due to an audible error we did find.
Bottom line: some sort of mastering shenanigans took place.
In addition, there are now 24/96 FLAC files as well as wave files.

BTW, the record was recorded at 24/96 using a Lavry AD122-96MKIII, Antelope's Isochrone OCX clock and mixed in analog through the SSL AWS 900+. We mixed back into Pro Tools through the Lavry as well as a separate rig running at 24/192 using Apogee A/D. The mixes we chose varied song to song based on what sounded best to us.

Trent Reznor

Re-downloaded files from NIN.com, they seem to be the same old ones. Could be I got the 24/96 files to begin with, not sure though.. You check the sample rate under "Properties" and if the files are 24/96 you're good? Or no..

Last edited:
Old Quad Guy, Did the new download have a corrected picture file for track #2??

Spence

No, it's still messed up, as of downloading it again a few weeks ago, but I "fixed" that JPG from the PDF that came with the files. If I'm not mistaken, these are also the corrected 24 bit / 96 kHz files and not the 16 bit / 96 kHz files that were first posted at NIN.com.

BTW, I've done 5.0 mixes and DVD-A / DTS-CD's of both "Year Zero" and "The Slip" from the multi-tracks.

They are digital rights free and have a www.creativecommons.org copyright. Meaning most of the right’s have been given away, or one is allowed to remix the material and post, as what is being done with the official NIN website by Trent for the fans. http://remix.nin.com/

The fans are allowed to redo the tracks, do whatever they want with the mix (including adding your own music and vocals) and post at NIN.com by MP3. You cannot sell or copyright your mixes and people are allowed to take a reworked mix and rework that mix yet again.

Back