New Steven Wilson Album confirmed, titled and tour announced!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been contemplating getting the Deluxe Edition if Burning Shed gets it back in stock. Though, not sure if I really need it.

So far, I've only heard the 5.1 mix and the stereo instrumental mixes off the BD. I plan on listening to the bonus tracks and watching the documentary tonight before I cast my final vote. Also, I need to go through my Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree surround catalog because I noticed I never voted on those other discs. :yikes

The postman just delivered my box set before I leave town tomorrow. My plan is to absorb the album in stereo on this trip and then celebrate with the 5.1 mix on Sunday. It will take me months to absorb the book contents!

No serious corner damage although the spine feels loose. Seems like it will stay together just fine though.

From QQ Happy New Year

The postman just delivered my box set before I leave town tomorrow. My plan is to absorb the album in stereo on this trip and then celebrate with the 5.1 mix on Sunday. It will take me months to absorb the book contents!

No serious corner damage although the spine feels loose. Seems like it will stay together just fine though.

From QQ Happy New Year

Glad to hear my book copy's not the only one with a loose spine. It certainly scares me from going through that book too much.
Thankfully a lot of the visual content plays in sync with the album on the DVD and Blu-Ray, providing a pretty good visual experience in itself. :)

So whilst listening, I decided to decode the hieroglyphics from the back of the blu ray where there is a key to decode the letters. On the visuals for the track Regret #9 the hieroglyphics decode to KEY OF SKELETON. Well there is no symbol for K but I don't see what else it can be. Anyone know what this refers to, as I didn't get the box set and maybe it's explained in there?

Also I noticed that the symbols in the booklet and on the visuals for Ascendant Here On decode to Ascendent Here On. I think someone made a mistake in the same manner that dependent and dependant are confused. Ho hum.

Last night, I finally watched the documentary included in the Blu-ray. It was great seeing all the musicians Steven Wilson spoke about. I don't care for The Aristocrats. Their music is too jazzy and all over the place for me but I did learn a lot of respect for Guthrie Govan during the viewing. He really is a great guitarist. I was surprised to hear Steven talk about Ninet Tayeb and how much he enjoyed what she brought to "Hand. Cannot. Erase." but we never got to see her. I wonder if it's some sort of contract type thing where an artist cannot be shown.

Interesting time.

Today I listened to 'Hand cannot erase' and 'Storm Corrosion' back to back and they make a very good juxtaposition to each other, and surprisingly coherent in their own way.

After ripping the rest of the audio I am listening to the instrumentals :) A nice way to appreciate the excellent songwriting and musicianship.

And it is not just HCE sans vocals. SW has done a bit more here and there. Regret #9 is missing the synth and guitar solos. While they are great and make this song a highlight of the regular album, without it the great foundation shines. Home Invasion still has the autotuned vocals in the chorus, which makes it a bit more spooky :)

Recommended listening, the instrumental album.

Back