New Stones album announced, coming in September - Hackney Diamonds (CD + Atmos Blu-Ray Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a CD + Blu Ray Box Set available on their U.S. website with "hi-res 24/96 audio and Dolby Atmos versions of the album." It ain't cheap though, $55.00 before taxes & shipping. It states it's a Limited Edition., Hopefully will be available through other retailers?

-Brian
Ouch, EASY, I used Amazon Pay, the OUCH part is $74.73 out the door.

The single is good musically, but the mix up on Apple Music has nothing to do with Atmos, even if my AVC says so ;)
Thought as much...they've not got a good track record in releasing their music in Dolby Atmos. :(

I will defer a purchase of the box set until I have confidence it's not another mash up.

Streaming will suffice until then.

18 years eh...they've still got it!!

£46.38 at Amazon UK, with ASIN:

B0CGXNGYKN

also being discussed in an earlier thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...september-hackney-diamonds.34753/#post-721703
Indeed... It's nearly a tenner cheaper from Amazon UK
Out of curiosity would anyone pay £75.99 for a CD/BDA which is what amazon.co.uk is now asking for!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CGXNGYKN?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_dp_NBGXK82P1GD2SPMMN3VQ&tag=forumyield-20
I've bought it from Townsend Music for £48 along with the new Steven Wilson BDA for £15 Townsend Music Online Record Store - Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes and Merch - The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds 1-Disc CD + Blu-Ray Lenticular Cover

I love the single, and the video is great! 😛

I think for the Stones, the mix sounds pretty good too?! There's discrete guitar, vocal delays, shakers and backing vocals in the rears from what I could tell. Will see what's on the rest of the album. I'm sure that Amazon UK price will come back down, that's a crazy jump...

I think for the Stones, the mix sounds pretty good too?! There's discrete guitar, vocal delays, shakers and backing vocals in the rears from what I could tell. Will see what's on the rest of the album. I'm sure that Amazon UK price will come back down, that's a crazy jump...
Ah, I've yet to listen to it in Atmos, Will.

Amazon must have loads of buyers, hence ramping the price up...gits.

I'm here to be persuaded by my Atmos peers ... :D

Rears discrete but lower level than the Fronts so the Fronts dominated the Surround soundfield, was my take on it in 5.1 tbh.. but i hope to get around to it in 7.1.4 at le weekend and see what's what what what! 🧐😅

I just finished listening to new Stones-Angry, on Apple 4K, Dolby Atmos.

The signal is Dolby Atmos, but there is no height activity.
The 5.1 bed is OK, not great.
Except for one song in the Stones catalog of surround, "Sympathy For The Devil" remixes from the 5.1 surround SACD released 2003, is the only one that has been good so far.

Maybe the Devil got mad for making an additional 4 other versions on that SACD and has condemned the Stones to never having a good surround catalog?

What ever happened to the Stones use of innovative album cover art? Most of their albums are iconic with a few clunkers. Give us something controversial, hire a leading graphic arts team, for this one, what about a photo of a real crystal heart broken on the ground and maybe a nearby knife just for starters, and change that font!

Extremely useful. Much more so than pages of posts from people declaring that their shipment was diverted to Milwaukee and that they are so frustrated.

That is true and I was probably more thinking of that angle when I wrote what I did but, you know...

Doug

Last edited:
Here is my artwork:
Stones Hackney Diamonds.png

I just finished listening to new Stones-Angry, on Apple 4K, Dolby Atmos.

The signal is Dolby Atmos, but there is no height activity.

There is signal in all height channels throughout the track.
If by "no activity" you mean nothing but "ambience", that's true for the first half of the track.
When the guitar solo starts at 2:09 there are handclaps in the heights that are not present in any floor level speakers when I mute the heights, as well as backing vocals.

This is the Stones, by the way.
Made loud to be played loud.
I suggest turning it up.
YMMV

Did I read somewhere the Deluxe versions for sale have lenticular covers?
My original "Satanic Majesties Request" had that and it was stolen many years later by a rotten building manager who collected records. Of course, I didn't discover it right way but I know he took it and other records because he was the only other person with access to my apartment.

I guess I should have kept them locked up.

Doug

My original "Satanic Majesties Request" had that and it was stolen many years later by a rotten building manager who collected records. Of course, I didn't discover it right way but I know he took it and other records because he was the only other person with access to my apartment.

I guess I should have kept them locked up.

Doug
There is a Japanese 7” stereo SACD that was released with the very cool Satanic lenticular cover.

Back