Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the unboxing video for the new release. A couple of the audio clips are very intriguing.

[video=youtube;tCRkf153Hak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRkf153Hak[/video]

Here's the unboxing video for the new release. A couple of the audio clips are very intriguing.

[video=youtube;tCRkf153Hak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRkf153Hak[/video]

That Echo's clip is interesting, as is the interstellar clip if that the live version it sounds much better than I was expecting

Dammit, wish I hadn't watched that teaser....I admit, it does sound way better/interesting than I thought it would. UGH. No, I haven't cancelled my order yet...now I'm reconsidering....oh boy.

Dammit, wish I hadn't watched that teaser....I admit, it does sound way better/interesting than I thought it would. UGH. No, I haven't cancelled my order yet...now I'm reconsidering....oh boy.

Im still not very excited about this box yet, But I have to admit the clips do sound interesting. Still it may be like a trailer for a bad movie... they only show you the best parts in the trailer.

I love the early Floyd albums, not a crappy disc amongst them as far as I'm concerned.

Super psychedelic band in my opinion.Excellent "Head "music from my youth.It was a pleasure listening to them in 69/70 on FM radio and soon to be purchased lps.

It does turn out I do have a non-sanctioned recording of theirs afterall, maybe. A live BBC broadcast of a 1970 Concert, rebroadcast in the 90's here by a local FM station and introduced by none other than "Spencer Davis".
Now I hope this is on the Blu-ray sets to be issued next year, cause it's nice. Captures the Band before they got Famous of course.

But I always considered them "Big" back then, anyway.

HIGHLY ANTICIPATING 2017 .:sun

Only $550 ????
I'll have two!!!

(sarcastic mode "on")

Wow , these guys grabbing the fans by the balls....and it's not like they need the money..I guess it's, as always the fucking greedy labels...
Listen I don't have a job right now and , even if I had one , this would be half of a month's salary , taking into account Spain's MISERABLE salaries...

sorry for the thread crap , but they can stick this ridiculously expensive set up their collective asses....

Only $550 ????
I'll have two!!!

(sarcastic mode "on")

Wow , these guys grabbing the fans by the balls....and it's not like they need the money..I guess it's, as always the fucking greedy labels...
Listen I don't have a job right now and , even if I had one , this would be half of a month's salary , taking into account Spain's MISERABLE salaries...

sorry for the thread crap , but they can stick this ridiculously expensive set up their collective asses....

I know, it's a super high price....well, it's slightly over $400 for me. That would go a long ways to buying at least a good chunk of that new OPPO. :) I've never spent this much money on any release and in all honesty, I will most certainly cancel my order. (I don't know who I'm kidding thinking I will go through with purchase)

If I were smart, I'd at least wait till 2017 and hope for the individual releases of some of the surround stuff.

I know how you feel. I'm almost in the same boat, or I will be in the same boat on 1st Jan. 2017 - nice way to start in the New Year, not. I'd more or less just convinced myself I had to get it as I got into Floyd circa 1970 (I'm a real Floyd freak so its a disappointment on Meddle & Obscured By Clouds), when today the washing machine broke followed by the lawnmower! As luck always comes in threes I reckon I'll get struck by lightning on the way to the pub tonight as well!

Only $550 ????
I'll have two!!!

(sarcastic mode "on")

I know how you feel. I'm almost in the same boat, or I will be in the same boat on 1st Jan. 2017 - nice way to start in the New Year, not. I'd more or less just convinced myself I had to get it as I got into Floyd circa 1970 (I'm a real Floyd freak so its a disappointment on Meddle & Obscured By Clouds), when today the washing machine broke followed by the lawnmower! As luck always comes in threes I reckon I'll get struck by lightning on the way to the pub tonight as well!

Oh THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!

Sorry for that...I got laid off in MARCH...Axnture LOST the contract for being greedy bastards (they charge 3x the worker's salary) after 3 and a half years....and for a 52 year old male, things are looking VERY BLEAK in the work front..anyway...BEST WISHES AND VIBES TO YOU!!!!

Back to the thread...I know that most "potential" buyers have plenty of moolah, but can't they do it in three boxes instead of one?
I could afford (maybe) the third one with OBC and the Echoes MCH mixes...not interested in early PF, though....

I love the early Floyd albums, not a crappy disc amongst them as far as I'm concerned.

Super psychedelic band in my opinion.Excellent "Head "music from my youth.It was a pleasure listening to them in 69/70 on FM radio and soon to be purchased lps.

It does turn out I do have a non-sanctioned recording of theirs afterall, maybe. A live BBC broadcast of a 1970 Concert, rebroadcast in the 90's here by a local FM station and introduced by none other than "Spencer Davis".
Now I hope this is on the Blu-ray sets to be issued next year, cause it's nice. Captures the Band before they got Famous of course.

But I always considered them "Big" back then, anyway.

HIGHLY ANTICIPATING 2017 .:sun

Why what's happening in 2017 that I haven't heard about yet?

I'm trying to be objective here and will be buying the big box despite all the negative things, including the exclusion of the 5.1 discs. I consider this box as an investment as well and expect it to be worth something more in 20 years or so so my kids will benefit from it financially as well as enjoy the music.
I hope the books included will be a good and informative read much the same as the Jethro Tull boxes have.
I must admit much of the CDs probably wont be played on any family road trips as my wife will be thinking I'm losing my mind.
The video DVDs are looking amazing so far with the footage on youtube.

The immersion boxes failed me due to incredibly poor design and faulty discs. The Wish You Were Here box was so bad I sent it back for a full refund. The clear marbles took me over the edge.

I had thought about selling the 7" singles but that would seriously depreciate the box value. I will never play them. That's one of the silly things about this box.

I could afford (maybe) the third one with OBC and the Echoes MCH mixes...not interested in early PF, though....

There is no "third" one.

There was, but now there is not.

and that's the irony, that you could afford the one they decided to pull.

Back