Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to this box set AND to seeing Roger Waters' 2 shows in Toronto next year. Come at me :howl

Nope. No way. :couch

I've been to that venue for hockey games. :smack:

I know how fanatical you Toronto fans are... :beer2

I'm not poking this bear.

I got Waters tix for the first show too. :bounce17

Hi. All

I don't now if this has already has been discussed or not but on Amazon they have pre-orders for (PINK FLOYD The Early Years Box Set) for $571.36 to be released on November 11th. 2016 there is a video you can view read the text on the left.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J2M5J70/ref=pe_2601880_213070190_em_ti

Yes, this has been discussed here in detail. Those of you can still order it from Amazon UK for around $380 (after VAT is deducted and with the current exchange rate).

I was so excited when this was first announced, I thought, finally, the early albums in surround. Alas, no.
I'll buy the individual volumes that appeal to me, but what a total let down surround wise. That, combined with the exorbitant price, makes it a no go for the complete set. Wondering if it will take band members leaving this earthly plane to see surround mixes. Heh.

....and also, if it's a question of one band member vs. another on who does the best mixes, why not JUST INCLUDE BOTH!!!

Long review of the set in Record Collector magazine. No mention of surround. At all.

Posted on Facebook by Andy Jackson: "Been to YouTube space, prepping for the Early Years unboxing shindig. It would appear that Google have a bit of money!"
So it seems Andy will be somehow involved in the event happening next Wednesday.

Its a lot of money, its the Pink Floyd, its sadly missing two undoubtedly great 5.1 mixes, its the Pink Floyd, I maybe mad, I love all Pink Floyd's music (apart from the Final Cut!!) but I just had to get it - Burning Shed will be shipping it next week :banana:

Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason dissects mammoth ‘Early Years 1965–1972’ box set
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/0...dissects-mammoth-early-years-19651972-box-set
3 quadrophonic or 5.1 audio mixes for Atom Heart Mother, Echoes & Pink Floyd at Pompeii

Thanks for posting that. Nick Mason IS "charmingly droll" and most of his interviews make me laugh out loud at least once. I know alot of folks around here are grumpy about the missing mixes, but I will hold out hope for them to be released another day.

Meanwhile, this box is greatly anticipated by me, and really far more than I ever expected they would let out of the vaults. I am very excited to comb through this release for unheard gems, and as long as I have been collecting, the fact that there are ANY new items for me is delightful!

AND, when it comes out the American election will be OVER!

Its a lot of money, its the Pink Floyd, its sadly missing two undoubtedly great 5.1 mixes, its the Pink Floyd, I maybe mad, I love all Pink Floyd's music (apart from the Final Cut!!) but I just had to get it - Burning Shed will be shipping it next week :banana:
Right on brother, I am so glad I did not buy this, 17 hours of boredom.

Right on brother, I am so glad I did not buy this, 17 hours of boredom.

I didn't cancel my order because I thought I'd be bored. I just couldn't honestly bring myself to spend that kind of money. I am pretty sure it's an amazing box set....and I'd be giddy to have it. But, for the price? No. I need a new laptop and a new TV for my bedroom more that this. UGH...

I didn't cancel my order because I thought I'd be bored. I just couldn't honestly bring myself to spend that kind of money. I am pretty sure it's an amazing box set....and I'd be giddy to have it. But, for the price? No. I need a new laptop and a new TV for my bedroom more that this. UGH...
Yeah man, the money, ridiculous, I can't imagine being fucked by Pink Floyd, and have to listen to it all. My placebo wouldn't even kick in.
Anyway, listening to Van Halen at 24/192 right now and all is good. Oh yes, at 81db, pays to have a clean machine with no ear fatigue.

Listening to CRE/ATION - the 2CD companion to the big box that's coming out next week. In The Beechwoods sounds like an upbeat backing track from a late-60's pop song that you just can't quite put your finger on. It's begging for vocals. A Roger+Nick rhythm track grounding Rick's wa-wa Farfisa (was it a Farfisa?) that teases us with signs of free form experimentation (shades of the tinkling keys at the end of Bike) but never quite delivers (not a criticism, just an observation). A very upbeat mute cousin of Mathilda Mother. I think I can hear Syd on 2 tracks but he plays it pretty straight and appears to be the least featured of the quartet. Sound quality is excellent.

Back