Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The live stream just ended and I missed quite alot of it. I hope they repost it on YouTube. I enjoyed the promo video for Nothing Part 14 at the end.

Very bland questions made it to Nick. He was asked though about any future releases and he said that nothing is planned.
Funny comment when asked about bootleg series like Dylan and he mentioned something like not wanting any litigation with sites like Wolfgang's Vaults.
It was nice to see Andy Jackson talking vehemently about the missing multis for More or great findings such as ZP outtakes multitracks and Nothings part 14

The live stream just ended and I missed quite a lot of it. I hope they repost it on YouTube. I enjoyed the promo video for Nothing Part 14 at the end.

Simply replay the feed. You can watch again for the start.

I was really surprised by the audio quality of the remixed Pompeii but really disappointed to see that the video was the director's cut with the computer generated images. Noooo oooo!

I was really surprised by the audio quality of the remixed Pompeii but really disappointed to see that the video was the director's cut with the computer generated images. Noooo oooo!

Ouch!

Here's the video of the chat with Nick. He doesn't come on until around 50 minutes in. Andy speaks briefly around the 22 minute mark.

[video=youtube;Y6Hkt0wzDYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Hkt0wzDYg[/video]

Fedex dropped it off moments ago. Immediately put in the Stockholm 1967 show.

It's..wow. it's amazing.

I never thought we'd hear a live performance from the Syd era that was this clear.

I'm still on Reaction in G, so I can't tell you much about the vocals....yet.

UPDATE/EDIT - Vocals are pretty darn faint, even with all the tools available. Although I chuckle to wonder if a lot of shows from this time period had similar problems. I've certainly seen bands int he modern era where I can't hear any vocals.

It's..wow. it's amazing.

I never thought we'd hear a live performance from the Syd era that was this clear.

UPDATE/EDIT - Vocals are pretty darn faint, even with all the tools available. Although I chuckle to wonder if a lot of shows from this time period had similar problems. I've certainly seen bands int he modern era where I can't hear any vocals.
Tell us something please about Echoes in Quad! I won't receive my box until next week and I haven't read any review about that yet. Thanks!

I am particularly interested in someone checking out the last box in the set, as theoretically that will not be released as a standalone

Amazon delivered mine today, unfortunately it's my Christmas present, so a quick check over to see nothing was damaged, and packed away.
Still have some time off over Christmas and the new year so I will be stuck in front of a hot blu ray player and bah humbug to any one who wants to speak to me.

It's..wow. it's amazing.

Is the audio on the included multichannel mixes, AHM, Echoes and Pompaii, 24 bit?

It's..wow. it's amazing.

Makes me want to order it. :)

Obviously I'm an OCD fan and want all of it unconditionally in the near future...

The $64,000 question:
Is all the set's content available on the blurays and DVDs in 24 bit or are the tracks listed as CD's in the promos only in CD format?
Assuming the latter for obvious reasons which is why I'm wanting to wait for a price drop. Still have to ask though.

The AHM quad master and the Echoes quad mix are must haves.
In theory, Pompeii mixed from the multitracks into 5.1 should be the greatest thing ever right?

Makes me want to order it. :)

Obviously I'm an OCD fan and want all of it unconditionally in the near future...

The $64,000 question:
Is all the set's content available on the blurays and DVDs in 24 bit or are the tracks listed as CD's in the promos only in CD format?
Assuming the latter for obvious reasons which is why I'm wanting to wait for a price drop. Still have to ask though.

Someone mentioned that Pompaii wasn't hi res and is the directors cut video :( He didn't go into details about the audio so 24 bit audio is my main concern atm. Standard dts would be a kick in the nuts for sure...

Someone mentioned that Pompaii wasn't hi res and is the directors cut video :( He didn't go into details about the audio so 24 bit audio is my main concern atm. Standard dts would be a kick in the nuts for sure...

Well, actually the first kick in the nuts is the price. The 2nd kick in the nodules could be your comment about audio. :yikes

Well, actually the first kick in the nuts is the price. The 2nd kick in the nodules could be your comment about audio. :yikes

Kick in the wallet for sure...

Back