Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine s "partial" now. But meanwhile I mailed support and received this answer:

Your PINK FLOYD WILL ship once we can process the order. We have 10,000
orders for this item which was just available after lunch today. We
have two people processing orders so please understand the calls and
emails are slowing this process down.

I guess we just have to be patient with these guys.

While I know this is not AcousticSounds fault, this is the thing about their service that rather annoys me...for the price one pays for shipping through them, they should really be better at this.

Perhaps a bit off topic: Paul Simon also did a tribute song called "Rene And Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After The War." It's on the predecessor to Graceland, the oft overlooked Hearts and Bones, a wonderful album (2ch). Columbia released the 2-disc Essential Paul Simon compilation on 10/25.

Linda

While still remaining slightly rudely off topic, I have to say that that is one of my favorite Paul Simon songs on my favorite PS album. Thanks for reminding me to dig that out and listen to it, Linda!

Mine s "partial" now. But meanwhile I mailed support and received this answer:

Your PINK FLOYD WILL ship once we can process the order. We have 10,000
orders for this item which was just available after lunch today. We
have two people processing orders so please understand the calls and
emails are slowing this process down.

I guess we just have to be patient with these guys.
'

2 people to process 10,000 orders - seems to me that they had no problem taking the money but more of a problem investing in customer service. This tells me that they really don't anticipate any real growth in this business - a shame but they're probably right - a one off - they'll slog through and go back to making the donuts when the excitement dies down.

While I know this is not AcousticSounds fault, this is the thing about their service that rather annoys me...for the price one pays for shipping through them, they should really be better at this.

Yes, as the pre-orders accumulated it should have been obvious there would be a mad rush when the discs arrived.
Hopefully they get some temps in, or help from elsewhere within the company, to get the orders out.
Would be in their best interest long term, to stem the flow of e-mails and calls from customers wanting to know their order status.

Hello. While I am happily awaiting my WYWH SACD from Acoustic Sounds, I, too, am not at all thrilled with their service. They have me by the short hairs here. This easily could have this shipped in time for a true release date arrival, like other sites. My "item shipped..." e-mail mentione where to see shipping information, but there is no way to track it via FedEx. Whatever. Thanks for letting me vent. I may buy one at the MusicDirect store in Chicago on Saturday if it hasn't arrived by then. Ugh. Thanks.

Yeah mine shipped on November 7th from Acoustic Sounds and I was sent a FedEx reference number, but it's November 9th and there's still no info on FedEx's site which means they haven't picked it up yet because as soon as they do there would be an updated scan.

I also had placed this order back in August with some Nat King Cole SACD's. I cancelled the NKC SACD's on Friday so I could snag a copy of Jennifer Warnes' Blue Raincoat, the Cisco 45rpm pressing for $99, and although my order stayed the same price I was given heck for doing this because they had these items reserved. Well, they were IN STOCK and not "limited stock" either, so that left a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

In addition earlier this year I had a copy of the 180g analogue pressing of Love Over Gold (WB) shipped to me that had groove damage. I sent it back, it was back-ordered so I got a refund. Not only did I pay the return shipping, but they never refunded my original shipping! Even casual sellers on Discogs and eBay will usually refund the original shipping. I should have just filed a claim with Paypal for it.

Hello. While I am happily awaiting my WYWH SACD from Acoustic Sounds, I, too, am not at all thrilled with their service. They have me by the short hairs here. This easily could have this shipped in time for a true release date arrival, like other sites. My "item shipped..." e-mail mentione where to see shipping information, but there is no way to track it via FedEx. Whatever. Thanks for letting me vent. I may buy one at the MusicDirect store in Chicago on Saturday if it hasn't arrived by then. Ugh. Thanks.

I'd suggest considering Elusive Disc. They are also carrying the WYWH SACD and I've always had excellent results shopping on their web site. See http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=APSAM33453

Wow!!! Got mine from A.S. today. Just a m a z i n g. IMO better mix than DOTM and better than original quad by Parsons. Superb.

Received mine from Kansas today as well. Love the little book it comes in. Nice artwork postcards, too. Sounds better than any of the other versions I have of this album.

Since we're chatting about customer service. I thought I would share my experience (today) with you all. I received the Jethro Tull box set yesterday and it was in perfect condition except the inner record sleeve which split along one seam (as almost all new shipped lps do). I chatted with an Amazon representative today and she immediately issued a $28 refund. No questions asked, no need to argue, literally one minute...awesome. This is why I keep ordering from Amazon despite some issues with their listings.

Received my copy of the WYWH SACD yesterday from Acoustic Sounds. Will give a listen this weekend. Nice package.

Sorry to be a little off topic and if it may have been answered before in one of the WYWH threads... but with the new releases, do we finally have a definitive answer on who did the original quad mix of WYWH? My Immersion box should be here in 1-3 weeks according to Wherehouse... (impatiently) waiting...

Has anyone compared the SACD to the Immersion Blu Ray?

The SACD of WYWH just arrived from Acoustic Sounds (which is pretty good seeing I'm in Sydney). Will try and compare properly to the the Guthrie mix on the Blu Ray over the weekend on my Oppo 83SE.

In the meantime, I just played the 'Welcome to the Machine' on each to try and compare. They sound similar. The fidelity sounds as if it could be more refined on the BluRay and slightly brasher on the SACD but I will have to be less distracted to be sure. Does such a comparison belong in this thread or in the BluRay one?

Sorry to be a little off topic and if it may have been answered before in one of the WYWH threads... but with the new releases, do we finally have a definitive answer on who did the original quad mix of WYWH? My Immersion box should be here in 1-3 weeks according to Wherehouse... (impatiently) waiting...

The quad was done by Brian Humphries.... he's credited in the box set..

Also - confirmed here: :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...yd-s-Wish-You-Were-Here-a-Couple-of-questions

Back