Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and after another 5 years we'll have roumors of a SACD version of 'Animals':banana:
.....10 years later, while they're probably looking for a successor to Blue Ray, the roumor mill will be for the 'Wall'.:smokin

They *know* that Pink Floyd SACDs will sell well, and they still drag their feet. What hope is there for less-known bands eh:(

I'm skeptical. David Gilmour's "On an Island" was supposed to have been released in 5.1, and that has yet to happen.
I hope WYWH is released in 5.1 though (preferably high-resolution).
Ryan

I had a look at the UK HMV records site and got this http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleS...ID=-1&btnSubmitSearch.x=0&btnSubmitSearch.y=0
It says a release date of 7 July 2008. But it just says Cd
D. if you look at the page for dark side http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=32599 it specificaly mentios SACD. Perhaps it's too soon to tell for WYWH, but at least it's some news

The list price is going to be 14.99 pounds which is cheaper than the sacd of dark side on the same site...
on the other hand why announce an upcoming new release of something that's been available for years.

As long as they don't mention ringtones, I might build my hopes up.

There's an underground DVDA that states it's from a CD(?)...AFAIK it IS the Quad mix (different takes, etc.)

It's not from an LP, and has better audio than a Q8 (Hi Freq is not notched) and low noise..

It's really NIIIIIIICCEEEE :smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

It's wish you were here....it's owlish!!! As in wise I'm guessing...

You have been warned...

"Seeketh and ye shall findeth",

i.e, google it baby!!!

I've listened to it and it's hard to get used to the muddiness and surface noise (compared to a proper, first-generation version).
It's OK to have as a novelty, but that's it really...

A Novelty ??!! a much loved mix here I would say !, it's taken from the original SQ record. The SACD talked about here a brand new mix by James Gutherie and should be fab !!

There's an underground DVDA that states it's from a CD(?)...AFAIK it IS the Quad mix (different takes, etc.)

It's not from an LP, and has better audio than a Q8 (Hi Freq is not notched) and low noise..

You have been warned...

i.e, google it baby!!!

Trust me... it's from an SQ LP.
If you're talking about the hybrid one in DTS / MLP

-Bob

You have been warned...

i.e, google it baby!!!

There is a DVD-A upmix produced by "Area 51" that was likely sourced from a CD. It only has the MLP track; no DTS or DD. It is different from the quad DVD-A that is also floating around. As I recall the upmix is 5.0 and the quad conversion is 4.0.

There is a DVD-A upmix produced by "Area 51" that was likely sourced from a CD. It only has the MLP track; no DTS or DD. It is different from the quad DVD-A that is also floating around. As I recall the upmix is 5.0 and the quad conversion is 4.0.

The one I'm referring to is "Ogrish" ...and this one is a definite Quad mix-different takes...
I was listening to it last night and it sounds as if it's from a Q8....
So I downgraded it a bit....still it really can't be an LP transfer, too clean and no innergroove distortion...

:alienrob:

Just had a look on the emi site and I don't know if this is good news or bad news. It has WYWH down as being released on 7 july 2008. However it also has piper, Electric Moo and the wall with this date as well. I've heard nothing about theses 3 also coming out on SACD.
Also looked at http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/ which has a little comment on the SACD.
Is it time to breath out yet ?

On a down note (sorry :(), looking up the bar code seems to indicate this isn't the first time this CD has been issued (not SACD). Here's to hoping it's just a place holder till the SACD version get's it's own barcode.

Would Gilmour and mgmt really uncork a sacd so close to the release of the live multi format project?
I doubt it. A SACD of WYWH would just about steal all the thunder.

Back