Quasar - Memories Of Times Yet To Be - 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I was scanned through some unread (!) issues of Prog Magazine I had buried under stuff, when I came across an advert for Quasar's Memories Of Times Yet To Be on CD & as a 5.1 DVD. Anybody come across Quasar before? I hadn't.

https://quasarband.bandcamp.com/

I've ordered a copy - so now only 8 copies

1710711639103.png

Last edited:
It arrived today, so out of curiosity it didn't go on the to-listen-to mountain.

Firstly its a DVD-R, no professional authoring either, and trying to get it to play the DD 5.1 correctly was a bit difficult. I don't know if it was the X800Mkii or the Denon Amp, but after hitting the Audio button a few times it did. In parts it seems like 'big' stereo, in others more discrete, in others not a lot.

What I found 'difficult' was the singer tries to be Annie Haslam of Renaissance and doesn't make it, so out of tune (to me) in quite a few places (which I find 'difficult' to cope with), and there was something else I can't quite identify, but it seems like there are people playing music, but not always together. It feels like a first pass Demo from a group of people keen to make a Prog album - it doesn't 'gel'. I know it sounds very critical and terribly damning but having spend Ā£20.25 I'd advise against buying it.

Back