Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One week till release, and it looks BEAUTIFUL:
DUYiuKaXkAAV_QF.jpg:large

Photo from Richard Williams who wrote the book in the set :)

If this is the same for others looks like amazon.ca is honoring the price and shipments going out soon.

I might have a GOS problem as if my importcds order actually goes through I will have 2 copies of this,"More Than This", what to do, what to do..........

Here's email:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on December 15, 2017 (Order# 701-8394751-4081064). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

Roxy Music "Roxy Music (45th Anniversary Super Deluxe 3CD + DVD Box Set)"
Estimated arrival date: February 08, 2018 - February 14, 2018

I was just thinking...the present price is $162 on amazon...and that is the pre order price...normally the price jumps up after the release date...I wonder if they have the stones(and I don't mean Fred and Wilma)to raise the price even higher:yikes

I might come off as negative on this, but $162 or $262 is no difference, it still not a $100+ piece for what you get.

If this is the same for others looks like amazon.ca is honoring the price and shipments going out soon.

I might have a GOS problem as if my importcds order actually goes through I will have 2 copies of this,"More Than This", what to do, what to do..........

Here's email:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on December 15, 2017 (Order# 701-8394751-4081064). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

I can't believe that amazonCA is going to take a $60+ hit on those orders...I wouldn't worry about the importcd order...I was never notified that my order was cancelled and it was for $70.29...there is no way they are going to honor that price..if they do I will turn around and sell it on Ebay...no problem..after listening to the album...I'm not interested at any price..

I might come off as negative on this, but $162 or $262 is no difference, it still not a $100+ piece for what you get.

I don't think you are being negative...nobody thinks this a value...for me it's the content...now if I liked the content..I would buy it...I've overpaid in the past because I got into the hi rez hobby late..and was forced to buy out of print titles...and I paid the market value for items that others purchased for a fraction of the cost...for me content is EVERYTHING...the price is just a tool for me getting what I want...I can understand why people like Ryan will buy this at the current price...where I differ from some is that I wouldn't pass on an album release that I love just because it isn't in the best format or audio mode..Dolby Digital or even a CD is fine with me as long as it's the best available version of that music...I'm a music lover..and the music is all I care about..everything else is just a bonus..

I don't think you are being negative...nobody thinks this a value...for me it's the content...now if I liked the content..I would buy it...I've overpaid in the past because I got into the hi rez hobby late..and was forced to buy out of print titles...and I paid the market value for items that others purchased for a fraction of the cost...for me content is EVERYTHING...the price is just a tool for me getting what I want...I can understand why people like Ryan will buy this at the current price...where I differ from some is that I wouldn't pass on an album release that I love just because it isn't in the best format or audio mode..Dolby Digital or even a CD is fine with me as long as it's the best available version of that music...I'm a music lover..and the music is all I care about..everything else is just a bonus..

I hear you, I got in late too, so I’m fairly used to high prizes. Also the content is basically everything, but there is not enough content here to justify the prize, that is my view.

But I surely hope there will be prize drops because I have looked forward to this for a long time, and when it finally arrives it’s this anti-climax. Oh well, hoping for a great deep discount deal :)

Here's email:

Snood got the same email - send it Amazon do it do it do it!!!! Snood loves Canada :banana:

Despite serious misgivings I too caved in and went for the Amazon.ca deal and my order still stands. Even at the +/- $100usd price shipped it's still out of line. Swallowed it but now sure how well I'll digest it.

I got an email today from amazon.ca with a shipping date at the lower price. I also never got a cancellation from import cds at the lower price. I know I said upthread I wasn’t buying it at any price, who was I kidding? Looks like I’ll be getting two of them and that’s ok, it’s one of my favorite albums. I think a few of us might have an extra copy for sale soon.

I got an email today from amazon.ca with a shipping date at the lower price. I also never got a cancellation from import cds at the lower price. I know I said upthread I wasn’t buying it at any price, who was I kidding? Looks like I’ll be getting two of them and that’s ok, it’s one of my favorite albums. I think a few of us might have an extra copy for sale soon.

I'm glad you at least got a break from amazon Canada because I know how important this album is to you:)..but I can't see the importcds order being filled...they did send out some notices of the raised price...but it appears they missed some people..I also have an order and was never notified..but I'm not expecting the order at $70...

After the price went up significantly this week, now amazon.ca is once again showing the price of CDN$ 116.33, which is $94.42 in USD.
If you want another shot at this price, preorder now: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077Y965S9/

:)

$94.42 :yikes Remember the good old days when one could get the Avalon 5.1 SACD at $18.95 full retail? Fortunately I don't like this Roxy Music self titled album at all...Sometimes having bad taste can save one from financial ruin!

After the price went up significantly this week, now amazon.ca is once again showing the price of CDN$ 116.33, which is $94.42 in USD.
If you want another shot at this price, preorder now: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077Y965S9/

:)

This is interesting...the conversion rate should be 94.50...but the amazon currency converter indicates it is 98.02...then they add 12.47 for shipping...and the final cost of the order comes to 110.49...still cheaper than other outlets...but not exactly like the universal exchange rate...

Update...since I was curious....I looked a little closer at the exchange rate...the universal rate right now is roughly .81 US Dollars for every Canadian Dollar...but amazon is using .84....now when I order something from amazon UK...the exchange rate is usually the same as published rates..BUT my credit card charges me a separate transaction fee...I use Chase for most of my purchases...so even though this isn't as distant...it is still outside of the US and amazon may incur some expenses for using the credit card...here is the amazon explanation...

Email received that Importcds order shipped as of 05:10 PST.
I am a bit shocked but they are fulfilling the order price when other sites cancelled.

I've never seen so many weird things in a release...amazon Canada starts out with a lower price...then raises it...and then basically lowers it again to the previous price...I wonder if I will get my order from importcds...I never got notified...it's only $70...that would be hard to believe...

I've never seen so many weird things in a release...amazon Canada starts out with a lower price...then raises it...and then basically lowers it again to the previous price...I wonder if I will get my order from importcds...I never got notified...it's only $70...that would be hard to believe...

Considering what the final price was/is at other vendors...that would be crazy. Peter - did you get yours that cheap?? :yikes

Back