Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT!!! the early stuff was the best!!

The first five or six are a must!!
After that too much disco-but still listenable.
And I like Brian Eno but he does his better music after leaving, now Phil Manzanera does some better experimental sounds in those first five,
and together with Ferry become one stellar rock, electronic, glam, new wave groups!

Eddie Jobson added much to the group. Listen to Out Of The Blue! #goosebumps

From QQ Happy New Year

I totally agree both Eddies and Andy Mackay's contributions should not be overlooked!
Country Life and Stranded are outstanding discs.Imo they are Roxy's best output.
Have a quad version of Phil Manzanera/801 Band doing "Out of the Blue" very good version.

I hope the rumors are true. The Bogus Man in 5.1 would be phenomenal.

Don't ask how it sounds cause I don't own it, but here's the back of the exclusive RSD single: roxy-music-the-numberer-virgin-universal-12.jpg

2015 Stereo Remixes by Steven Wilson!
Taken from the forthcoming Super Deluxe Edition of "Roxy Music"!
Now the only question that remains is how forthcoming is it? Summer? Fall? Hope springs eternal! :)

My former roommate record store owner (Spin Records in Carlsbad, CA) says he couldn't get any of these domestically.

EDIT: An unedited 7:25 version?!? WOW

My former roommate record store owner (Spin Records in Carlsbad, CA) says he couldn't get any of these domestically.

That makes sense as I guess US record stores can only get what's on the US RSD list as opposed to the UK one.

Record day is a farce

Nothing on CD, shops have 1 or 2 of each product if any

Why not have CDs, DVDs and BluRay as well also 5.1 mixes that are unique?

I don't even have a bloody turntable

Anything that brings attention to the independent record stores is worthwhile. The merchandise itself is a secondary souvenir to get people to turn out.

The RSD items are pressed up in all kinds of quantities and used for other purposes. The Steven Wilson 12" single I bought at a 2013 SW show is the very same RSD item.

Keep Calm and Have Patience

I recommend going and checking out good local independent record stores on any given day other than RSD! (Just like I recommend visiting New Orleans when it's not Mardi Gras season)

The whole reason RSD is a thing is twofold:
1. It helps get consumers back into independent record stores by enticing them with unique releases from some of their favorite artists
2. It's riding the trend of vinyl becoming popular again.

I will say that I think vinyl is incredibly overrated, especially when compared to High-Resolution PCM or DSD.
That's why I cracked up while watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8I0LUjrqw (Especially at the comparisons to vinyl)

The fact remains that most brick-and-mortar stores do not serve our needs as most only carry used vinyl and CDs, and only so often do we actually find new or used releases with surround that fit our needs and wants. I know that I've come away empty handed from these stores as many times as I found some rare gems.

But this Roxy Music RSD release served a very important purpose, and that purpose was to let us know that something amazing is forthcoming! :)

Back