Rush-Clockwork Angels Tour Bluray-Nov.19

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
This was announced along time ago and now has a release date of Nov.19th.
For Amazon's look like amazon.com is only one preselling so far, others should be doing presales soon.

here is some info from one of the band sites:
http://www.rush.com/clockwork-angels-tour-coming-november-19/

AUDIO AND VIDEO RELEASES INCLUDE EPIC VERSIONS OF SONGS RARELY PERFORMED AND NEVER-BEFORE CAPTURED ALONGSIDE NEWLY REWORKED ARRANGEMENTS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR;
BLURAY/DVD INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE BACKSTAGE TOUR DOCUMENTARY, SOUNDCHECK FOOTAGE, AND TOUR FILM OUTTAKES IN ADDITION TO THE 3 HOUR CONCERT FILM

Rush have unveiled details for their first new recording since being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year. On November 19th, “RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” will be released simultaneously via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on CD and the companion BLURAY/DVD on Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder.

“RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” was filmed and recorded last November at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas, during Rush’s highly successful Clockwork Angels Tour. The eleven month-marathon world tour crossed North America twice and ventured overseas to Europe in support of the band’s acclaimed 2012 studio release “CLOCKWORK ANGELS.”

In capturing the tour’s electrifying three hour set, “RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” pairs Rush classics (“Tom Sawyer,” “The Spirit Of Radio,” “2112″), with a nod to the 80′s Rush era (The Analog Kid,” “Territories,” “Subdivisions”) alongside newly reworked arrangements specifically for the tour featuring the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble (“Headlong Flight,” “YYZ,” “Red Sector A”). The string section marks the first time the trio has brought additional musicians on the road with them. To showcase their latest studio release, the epic set list also features nine tracks off “CLOCKWORK ANGELS.” Other highlights include tracks rarely performed and never before recorded live (“The Body Electric,” “Middletown Dreams”), in addition to three separate drum solos by the incomparable Neil Peart.

Beyond the incredible live performances, the DVD includes a 25-minute tour documentary titled “Can’t Stop Thinking Big”, featuring interviews with all 3 members, exclusive and behind the scenes footage, and offers a glimpse into the inner workings of the Rush tour machine and insight into the band members themselves. Other special features on the DVD include the trio of hilarious shorts created specifically for the tour as well as interviews and outtakes captured during their filming. Additional filmed sketches and a rare soundcheck performance of perennial favourite “Limelight” round out the exclusive offerings.

“RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR” comes on the heels of Anthem/Atlantic’s September 30th release of “VAPOR TRAILS REMIXED,” a newly remixed version of the band’s 2002 album VAPOR TRAILS and 7-disc boxed set “THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007,” which features every studio album Rush recorded for Atlantic Records.

Saw this tour with my younger son and Clockwork Angels is one of our favorite albums. There will be 5.1 of some degree, hopefully a little braver than past Rush mixes.

Has anyone heard/seen this bluray yet? How is the 5.1 mix and sound?

Rich Chycki seemed to learn a little something about 5.1 mixing lately, because the Dream Theater mix was pretty good. I am hoping this concert mix is good.

The material should lend itself to a good surround mix - looking forward to hearing how the orchestra is presented.

Has anyone heard/seen this bluray yet? How is the 5.1 mix and sound?

Rich Chycki seemed to learn a little something about 5.1 mixing lately, because the Dream Theater mix was pretty good. I am hoping this concert mix is good.

Nothing to report as am also waiting for my copy to arrive, this is the drag about doing online shopping, easy to order stuff but then there is always the wait for stuff to arrive via mail.
Also hoping they did a good mix on this as the concert was stellar from all reports of people going to this last tour.

I watched the 1st disc of the Guitar Festival last night and the pq was excellent[I think there must be some messed up discs out there and mine's not one of them].

I watched the 1st disc of the Guitar Festival last night and the pq was excellent[I think there must be some messed up discs out there and mine's not one of them].

I have mixed feelings about this one (Crossroads @MSG). There seems to be the occasional sync issue along with some video noise in a few segments and then perfect. The sound, is, however, superb - which IMO is the most important (DTS HD MA 5.1 24/48). The rears are not typical live AA (audience and ambience) - vocals and lead instruments are "supplemented" - if you have never attended a concert at MSG, I can assure you that the sound on this disc is far superior than what you would hear being there!According to the liner notes, the stereo and surround mixes were done by an army including Simon Climie, Doyle Bramhall Jr and Elliot Scheiner - so pick your poison. The performances are uniformly excellent - I can live with the video issues - not a deal breaker.

OK. Good point. But, I thought he did a decent job with Dream Theater's latest. Perhaps he had some help on that one from Petrucci.

Sorry to go off topic, but I did some googling, and learned that Chycki and Labrie used to be in a band together, Winter Rose, in the late 80s.

http://carlbegai.com/2010/05/14/brighton-rock-and-winter-rose-a-sign-of-the-times/

I appreciate the tangent,to me very interesting in the connect the dots world.
There is a huge connection as Rich C. did many of the Rush stuff and as we know and he now also did the latest Dream Theater surround.
Its well documented that guys in Dream Theater are huge Rush fans so now makes total sense that Rich C. would do the Dream Theater with even the extra connection point of Labrie knowing him.
Thanks for the link.

I was searching the net to see if any other reviews on Rush and getting really mixed reviews as from what I can gather if people are reporting properly the 2 channel is a DD only on the bluray and it has a lossless 5.1.
Again this is what some people are reporting, not sure if accurate.
The other things I have read is people say some of the quick edits are coming from camera's that aren't true hd so you are getting some more raw video footage.
Some people like this some hate it.

Is there a poll Thread on this disc? I cannot seem to find one. Also, anyone run this to check out the DR value? I'm trying to find the courage to open it. I'm afraid it will sound like crap just like the last couple of concert releases.

Revisiting this disc in light of the R40 tour announcement (and hopefully purchasing tickets for the NOLA show very soon).

I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about the sound on this disc.
It's not the best mix, maybe not even the best mix by RUSH concert standards, but it's far from awful IMO.

I enjoyed this tour a lot at the Nashville show mostly for its very brave setlist. A lot of not very well known 80s and 90s tracks in the first with plenty of new material in the 2nd half.
Yet it worked very well and that's what this film showcases.

Back