RUSH Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary edition (with Richard Chycki Dolby Atmos mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just beat me! Includes a bluray with new (?) surround and Atmos mixes. But as before mixes done by Richard Chycki.

yep:
A fourth bonus disc is a Blu-ray Audio disc with the core album newly mixed from the original multi-tracks in Dolby Atmos (a Rush catalog first!), Dolby TrueHD 5.1, and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound as done by noted producer/engineer Richard Chycki, alongside the previously available PCM Stereo mix. Also included on the Blu-ray are four bonus videos: a brand-new video for YYZ plus three remastered vintage promo videos for Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and Vital Signs

The Rush website says this is a "Rush Backstage Super Deluxe Exclusive" so I am not sure if this blu-ray will be released anywhere else. The total shipped to California would be $400+ USD.

Edit: The priced dropped from when I viewed it in the early AM to when I checked it later in the morning. It dropped from $400+ down to $300+ shipped.

Last edited:
Following...
Not a big fan of Richard's mixes, though low expectations here.
How many Moving Pictures surround mixes are out there? I know of the DVD version, the atmos one (on streaming services), and this new one?

The Rush website says this is a "Rush Backstage Super Deluxe Exclusive" so I am not sure if this blu-ray will be released anywhere else. The total shipped to California would be $400+ USD
I just looked because I assumed it would be everywhere and shipped to me was $308. Still absolutely insane. Obviously they're trying to mark up their most popular album, but this is no better than the AFTK's box set and I got that for around $150 I think. Two extra vinyl records, a crap model car and some drumsticks shouldn't add an extra $150 to the final number...

The Atmos mix of Moving Pictures is already available on iTunes (maybe Tidal, as well?). I listened to it last week. I like it. It has some entertaining placements of audio. May be too "gimmicky" for some...

Buried at the end of the press release (Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary Release | Rush.com) is this:

"Finally, the sixth configuration, the Dolby Atmos Digital Edition, is the digital equivalent of Richard Chycki’s masterful Atmos mix of all seven tracks from the original album."

However, I can't find any reference to how to purchase/download it...

From the link above....

"There will also be a Deluxe Digital Edition, features the original album and all 19 bonus live performances from Toronto, and is the digital equivalent to the three-CD Deluxe Edition, and a Dolby Atmos Digital Edition, is the digital equivalent of Richard Chycki’s masterful Atmos mix of all seven tracks from the original album."

Doesn't this imply there will be a standalone for the BRD?

Well, all I can say this is the first surround release of 2022 that has peaked my interest. I'll let you all get to the nuts and bolts of the thing.

If the two Atmos mixes that have been streaming are indicative of the new album mix, no thanks...
Two? I only know of one... on Apple. There is another?

I only heard the Apple stream downmixed to 5.1 so far, and like you, I was underwhelmed. Did you get to hear the true Atmos rendition?

Back