Simple Minds - "New Gold Dream" Super Deluxe Edition Coming this Summer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news, Paul Sinclair has shared with his readers on SuperDeluxeEdition.com that the DVD is just a DVD-V disc this time, not DVD-A/V like the previous two sets.
:
Thanks.
cancel.jpg

I didn't know that some of the master multi tracks were missing when they did the previous DVD based offering...read under "notes" HERE...not a problem for me but thought I would mention it...I never had the previous version...but it is a pricey item right now..even the stereo SACD version isn't easy to find and is pricey...check out this listing

Ok folks...as the release date grows closer...there have been some price changes...I had originally ordered early from amazon UK..order came delivered to $23.99...right now it's a little over $26.00...but the US sites have gotten better...the 2 usual suspects are now in the lead...import cd's HERE..so it's $16.79 plus $2.99 shipping...and some will be charged tax...in my case(Florida)that is $1.19 which brings my total to $20.97...so now Deepdiscount HERE...so it's the same price as importcds at $16.79..but shipping is $1.00 cheaper which brings my pre tax total to $18.78..and then $1.13 tax for a total of $19.91...BUT...with deepdiscount if you buy something else and your total reaches $25.00...the shipping is free...plus deepdiscount has discounts...so either one is a better deal than amazonUK...so I will cancel that order..so in the mean time I will leave the item in my cart at importcds and try to pimp another $5 promo coupon...and do the same at deepdiscount...although amazon US and Bullmoose both had price drops...neither one is as low as these 2...so the waiting and watching continues...the release date isn't until 8/5...so maybe when it gets closer to the release date Secret Treaties might be listed...or something else I like...

Just something for you folks to think about:)

Word of caution on ImportCD - There have been at least three members of this forum with customer service issues. Admittedly, I am one of them and I am a bit bitter about it. My Chicago Quadio was missing 1 disc. I tried to have the set replaced but ImportCD only refunds once they authorize a return. The return process can take up to 30 days to issue credit. It took a week for reply to my initial email, four more days before I received the authorization label and no word so far on if the third party return processor has even acknowledged the receipt of the package. Making matters worse, ImportCD has been very slow to even offer me the opportunity to repurchase at the same pre-order price (their price has since raised) + 10% promo code available at the time.

If this Simple Minds release has any of the manufacturing problems that "Sparkle" had, you will likely get no assistance from them and have to endure the same drawn out refund process that I am enduring.

--Greg

Ok folks...as the release date grows closer...there have been some price changes...I had originally ordered early from amazon UK..order came delivered to $23.99...right now it's a little over $26.00...but the US sites have gotten better...the 2 usual suspects are now in the lead...import cd's HERE..so it's $16.79 plus $2.99 shipping...and some will be charged tax...in my case(Florida)that is $1.19 which brings my total to $20.97...so now Deepdiscount HERE...so it's the same price as importcds at $16.79..but shipping is $1.00 cheaper which brings my pre tax total to $18.78..and then $1.13 tax for a total of $19.91...BUT...with deepdiscount if you buy something else and your total reaches $25.00...the shipping is free...plus deepdiscount has discounts...so either one is a better deal than amazonUK...so I will cancel that order..so in the mean time I will leave the item in my cart at importcds and try to pimp another $5 promo coupon...and do the same at deepdiscount...although amazon US and Bullmoose both had price drops...neither one is as low as these 2...so the waiting and watching continues...the release date isn't until 8/5...so maybe when it gets closer to the release date Secret Treaties might be listed...or something else I like...

Just something for you folks to think about:)

Oh, that's the Blu-ray, not the special edition box. Good deal, though.

Word of caution on ImportCD - There have been at least three members of this forum with customer service issues. Admittedly, I am one of them and I am a bit bitter about it. My Chicago Quadio was missing 1 disc. I tried to have the set replaced but ImportCD only refunds once they authorize a return. The return process can take up to 30 days to issue credit. It took a week for reply to my initial email, four more days before I received the authorization label and no word so far on if the third party return processor has even acknowledged the receipt of the package. Making matters worse, ImportCD has been very slow to even offer me the opportunity to repurchase at the same pre-order price (their price has since raised) + 10% promo code available at the time.

If this Simple Minds release has any of the manufacturing problems that "Sparkle" had, you will likely get no assistance from them and have to endure the same drawn out refund process that I am enduring.

--Greg

I'm sympathetic to your plight and most of us know that they are slow sometimes to respond to emails and contact but as far as this problem with Chicago and a missing disc..... it has nothing to do with importcds...and I doubt they are going to give you that same price now as this wasn't their fault...you mentioned the problems with the "Sparkle" disc...I bought mine from a German site and I never had to contact the site...the people that produced the disc took care of the problem...just like now Rhino is the party that should remedy your problem...not importcds...

I have ordered a ton of items from importcds...I have come to accept several things...if you buy single discs the package is cheap...if you need to cancel an order..it usually takes 2 emails to get it done...they aren't always the fastest shipping..I had a problem with the DSOTM immersion set...after I had opened it I noticed several of the discs had imperfections on them...I contacted them and they paid for the return shipping and gave me a full refund..I think it took 2 weeks..but they did it...bottom line is they have quirks..which I accept as I'd rather put up with a few little "quirks" than pay much more at acoustic sounds...

as far as this problem with Chicago and a missing disc..... it has nothing to do with importcds...

Clint please read my post again. I never blamed ImportCD for the missing disc. The issue I wrote about is with ImportCD's customer service and frankly I find your response naive to say defective merchandise is not the problem of the retailer. I guess Rhino would as well since they advised me to return it to the retailer.

Glad to hear that you haven't experienced a level of customer service problem that exceeds your of level tolerance but even you acknowledge their slow response time and flimsy packaging. Maybe if it was your + $100 out in limbo you might feel a little different.

It is now going on a month and:
* ImportCD has over $100 of my funds that I now either have to pay my credit provider or dispute.
* They can't acknowledge receipt of my return.
* They are not timely with their response to emails.
* I have attempted to call their customer service number on six different days during their published times of operation only to get a "we are closed now" message.
* They do not seem that interested in retaining me as a customer.

I love this community and I do not have the tech know-how to give back to its members with sage technology advice in the forums. The least I can do and hope others would do for me is to share with our community which vendors are worth spending our hard earned money with.

By the way, why didn't you deal with the manufacturer on your Immersion return? :rolleyes:
--Greg

Clint please read my post again. I never blamed ImportCD for the missing disc. The issue I wrote about is with ImportCD's customer service and frankly I find your response naive to say defective merchandise is not the problem of the retailer. I guess Rhino would as well since they advised me to return it to the retailer.

Glad to hear that you haven't experienced a level of customer service problem that exceeds your of level tolerance but even you acknowledge their slow response time and flimsy packaging. Maybe if it was your + $100 out in limbo you might feel a little different.

It is now going on a month and:
* ImportCD has over $100 of my funds that I now either have to pay my credit provider or dispute.
* They can't acknowledge receipt of my return.
* They are not timely with their response to emails.
* I have attempted to call their customer service number on six different days during their published times of operation only to get a "we are closed now" message.
* They do not seem that interested in retaining me as a customer.

I love this community and I do not have the tech know-how to give back to its members with sage technology advice in the forums. The least I can do and hope others would do for me is to share with our community which vendors are worth spending our hard earned money with.

By the way, why didn't you deal with the manufacturer on your Immersion return? :rolleyes:
--Greg

I think I have chronicled the shortcomings of importcds...they are slow in most areas and aren't going to win any awards for customer service.....and I've said this in various posts on the forum...I didn't deal with the manufacturer because my problem didn't involve any "missing" elements in the box set and technically it wasn't defective either...and lastly I made the decision to NOT seek another copy from importcds and told them of my intentions....I ended up buying the blu ray(a standalone copy) on the forum as someone sold one...but you mentioned Sparkle in the Rain and it's "defective" disc...which I did deal with the manufacturer..but it is important that you understand what I meant...I didn't say it wasn't a "problem" for the retail outlet...they just aren't at fault....outlets like importcds don't pack these box sets....the manufacturer does...so something missing isn't really under their control...and actually importcds is taking steps to remedy the situation so I don't see how anybody is "naïve" about who is responsible...they didn't openly refuse to not accept your return...so they are making it right...just not very speedy

Again...I'm sorry that you had this problem...but I've lost money on deals before...so I actually do know how you feel..

Box looks nice. I had pre-ordered from Amazon UK but cancelled that order yesterday as I found a much better price at Deep Discount (33.24 shipped using the "SUNNY15" code for 15% off)

Box looks nice. I had pre-ordered from Amazon UK but cancelled that order yesterday as I found a much better price at Deep Discount (33.24 shipped using the "SUNNY15" code for 15% off)

Thank you Doppel...Snood saved about 10 buckaroo oooops :banana:

Hey guys and gals! Long time, no post!

Just thought I'd mention that, as previously mentioned in this thread, the box set DVD that contains the 5.1 mixes is indeed a DVD-V, not a DVD-A, despite Universal cocking it up and sticking DVD-A logos on the disc, disc sleeve and box itself, along with DTS-HD Master logos!! DOH!

I am guessing that the box didn't contain the DVD-A to possibly maintain the exclusivity of the 2005 DVD-A release, maybe?

When all is said and done, Universal are "universal" dicks when it comes to logos and labelling, and the best way to get this album in lossless 5.1 is the Blu Ray, or the DVD-A if you want to throw money away ;-)

Hey guys and gals! Long time, no post!

Just thought I'd mention that, as previously mentioned in this thread, the box set DVD that contains the 5.1 mixes is indeed a DVD-V, not a DVD-A, despite Universal cocking it up and sticking DVD-A logos on the disc, disc sleeve and box itself, along with DTS-HD Master logos!! DOH!

I am guessing that the box didn't contain the DVD-A to possibly maintain the exclusivity of the 2005 DVD-A release, maybe?

When all is said and done, Universal are "universal" dicks when it comes to logos and labelling, and the best way to get this album in lossless 5.1 is the Blu Ray, or the DVD-A if you want to throw money away ;-)

Heya! Good to see you back! Hope all is well! :upthumb

On the DVD-A thing, I (v.sadly) fear DVD-A means little to people outside our QQ group these days.. in a way you can see the logic behind it to those who maybe aren't so well-informed; its a DVD, its got Audio on it, its a DVD-Audio, innit.. :D

Heya! Good to see you back! Hope all is well! :upthumb

On the DVD-A thing, I (v.sadly) fear DVD-A means little to people outside our QQ group these days.. in a way you can see the logic behind it to those who maybe aren't so well-informed; its a DVD, its got Audio on it, its a DVD-Audio, innit.. :D

I am having this battle with somebody over at Discogs who insists this is a DVD-A disc and keeps undoing my fixes to the listing! ;-)

Yup, all good here, albeit quiet on the multi-channel front of late. Heavily investing in vinyl nowadays, but keeping my toes in with the 5.1 stuff too :) Trust all is well with you, my friend? :)

I agree that DVD-A sounds better but the DVD-V surround albums I have still are enjoyable to listen to and still give me a fun surround experience.
I'm looking forward to this Simple Minds box as a whole with the alternative vesions and hopefully a good book to read.
I used to bag SACDs because my set up was not working properly but I now love SACDs when done right.

Back