Simple Minds - "New Gold Dream" Super Deluxe Edition Coming this Summer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful/crazy situation all at the same time isn't it! :ugham:

Absolutely!
Now that it feels like DVD-V releases are on the rise again, I'm always thrilled when I see a major label release on DVDA-V and/or Blu-Ray, especially one like this that used to be so hard to find for a good price. Now, hear it is again, on the format of today, and with a normal retail price too.
I recommend that everyone who loves Simple Minds pick up this Blu-Ray before the price goes up to the DVD-A/V level! ;)

There are 'some' good stuff on the CDs but you guys are right. The box set has too much of basically the same songs, over and over.
I would probably have made it a 2 disc set with the DVD and add a few bonus tracks to the main album and leave it as that rather than this box. In saying that this is actually a beautiful box set with 2 books and the discs in mini gatefold covers.

I pre-ordered New Gold Dream from importCDs when the price was around $26.00. Later saw the lowered price and had to cancel and reorder.

I got the Blu-ray a couple of days ago and it's the same 2005 mix as the DVD-Audio (5.1 LPCM, 5.1 DTS-HD MA, and hi-re stereo on the BD), with the usual stripped down presentation you get from Universal with no video content or extras. Sounds great and I'm excited to finally get a decent priced copy of this very tough-to-find Simple Minds surround title. Hopefully importCDs will have some more of these in stock soon at this reduced price.

What the f*ck?!
OK, now I am really pissed off!

Go to the Simple Minds Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/simpleminds/
They just posted a brand new video of the original producer of NGD, Peter Walsh, going through the track "Promised You A Miracle" with the original multitrack!
On the 5.1 DVD & Blu-Ray, this song is just an upmix (probably because they could not locate the tape back in 2005 when the 5.1 mix was completed) but if they had the tape when they were putting this reissue together, why didn't they just remix it in 5.1 for this set?!

Good grief, this is really spoiling my enjoyment of this album now… (n) :( :violin :mad: :confused:

What the f*ck?!

They just posted a brand new video of the original producer of NGD, Peter Walsh, going through the track "Promised You A Miracle" with the original multitrack!
On the 5.1 DVD & Blu-Ray, this song is just an upmix (probably because they could not locate the tape back in 2005 when the 5.1 mix was completed) but if they had the tape when they were putting this reissue together, why didn't they just remix it in 5.1 for this set?!

Good grief, this is really spoiling my enjoyment of this album now… (n) :( :violin :mad: :confused:

Well, that sucks.

What the f*ck?!

I think they owe everyone who bought the box or the blu-ray a free 5.1 remix as a download (or a physical single!)

I think they owe everyone who bought the box or the blu-ray a free 5.1 remix as a download (or a physical single!)

In a perfect world, yes, but we are dealing with major labels here…
I suppose it's a miracle unto itself that Universal reissued both of the 5.1 mixes for "Once Upon A Time" and "New Gold Dream" on at least one high-res format.
Now I think it would be great if they did the same for some other 5.1 mixes from that era that currently reside on their label ("Crowded House", "Avalon", "Boys & Girls", etc.)

:)

What the f*ck?!

Ironic name of 'that' song

Back