Sting in Berlin

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Just saw on Amazon Sting has a live DVD/cd set out in November....didn't excite me until I saw it is mixed in 5.1 by Eliot Scheiner and Thom Cadley.... This could be another great discrete mix...

This will also be available as Blu Ray via Decca on 11/23. The studio album "Symphonicities" (from which the live show is based) is quite good and much more than just some generic classical arrangements thrown on top of the same basic songs. With a Scheiner mix on Blu Ray - this is a no brainer.

So this one has slipped under my radar. Can anyone comment on the 5.1 mix? A Scheiner/Cadley mix sounds like it would be a no-brainer.

Discrete like Black and White Night or ambiance only in the rears like most concert videos?

So this one has slipped under my radar. Can anyone comment on the 5.1 mix? A Scheiner/Cadley mix sounds like it would be a no-brainer.

Discrete like Black and White Night or ambiance only in the rears like most concert videos?

i don't have the Sting Berlin DVD but if you would like to "try before you buy" i think one track from it may be in surround on that Mercedes SL sampler disc?
(that is if Leslie Ann Jones & co didn't futz with ThomC & Mr. Scheiner's mix?!) anyway.. do PM anytime for more info on the Merc! vroom vroom! 🏎

Awesome mix and fidelity, really outstanding. If not for the hand clapping you could think it was recorded in the studio. There's an entire orchestra on stage, and while the song selection is a little meh, they all work really well with the orchestra. Lots happening in the rears, percussion, strings, backing vocals. Performances and musicianship is superb, as you'd expect from Sting.

Thank you, just purchased, on sale for $19.99 amazon US, Blu Ray.

Sting Live at the Olympia is his best concert but the Berlin concert is a really high standard production but many of his songs are performed in a more mellow style

I take none of the credit or blame for the 5.1 mix. That's El's work.
My work is the stereo mix.
The Leslie Jones mix on the Mercedes sampler is not the same as on the BD.
(It was done once the album was completed as I had to send her my files.)

I take none of the credit or blame for the 5.1 mix. That's El's work.
My work is the stereo mix.
The Leslie Jones mix on the Mercedes sampler is not the same as on the BD.
(It was done once the album was completed as I had to send her my files.)

thanks for the info (great to have it straight from the engineers' mouth, so to speak!) and good to see you around these parts, hope all is well. are you doing any new surround (Atmos seems to be the latest craze) projects at the mo?

Back