The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand to be corrected but I think it’s the slipcase only that’s limited edition on the PSB Bluray. An added value if buying from SDE.
Far as I can tell it’s not part of the numbered series ie it will be available elsewhere (minus the slipcase).

I stand to be corrected but I think it’s the slipcase only that’s limited edition on the PSB Bluray. An added value if buying from SDE.
Far as I can tell it’s not part of the numbered series ie it will be available elsewhere (minus the slipcase).
I searched online in the usual places for the Blu Ray audio , couldn't find it anywhere but at the SDE Shop, which indeed does show a slipcase....and this.... "Exclusive Pre order opportunity"...not sure what that means..is it exclusive to SDE? will it show up anywhere else later?.. Either way nice play on words Paul!

I did order it from SDE...

I searched online in the usual places for the Blu Ray audio , couldn't find it anywhere but at the SDE Shop, which indeed does show a slipcase....and this.... "Exclusive Pre order opportunity"...not sure what that means..is it exclusive to SDE? will it show up anywhere else later?.. Either way nice play on words Paul!

I did order it from SDE...
This is what Paul Sinclair from SDE said about it:
IMG_6005.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like they put the PSB's as number 15 - :unsure: so why is it numbered (wasn't 15 Soft Cell); or maybe I'm just misinterpreting something?

View attachment 103055
That 15 is the mark of the BBFC, the British Board of Film Classification, rating it appropriate for those 15 and up. Why it’s on a *music* blu ray disc rather than a film, I can’t say, but the glyph matches the one on the Wikipedia page for film content ratings:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_picture_content_rating_system#United_Kingdom

For this one, there was indeed a 'window' allowing for pre-orders. So as such "Sold Out" does not really apply. It's rather "pre-order closed" or something like that.
The Pet Shop Boys or Mark Knopfler BluRays are limited editions and can indeed sell out eventually. Personally, I would not begrude an artist if they choose to increase the number when demand turns out to be overwhelming. But then there are people who only buy limited editions because they are limited and these people tend to be really pissed off when a 2nd batch is added.
Of course, they are not in it for the music. They’re just speculators, looking for resale value based on rarity.

I say scroom.

Of course, they are not in it for the music. They’re just speculators, looking for resale value based on rarity.

I say scroom.
I agree. In fact, that should become SOP. Release a small batch. If there is still demand, release a second batch, etc,. It's bad enough the scalpers price fans out of concert tickets, they shouldn't be able to do the same with physical media.

I am familiar with the band name, "Keane". I knew one song. Pop/hooky stuff can be right up my alley. So, I was kinda on the fence. That is, until my wife chimed in, "Keane. I like them and have 3 of their songs on my phone."
We listened to them. Yeah, they work for me.
Aaand, I gotta take it when she says, "Yeah. You should get that."

Done.
😁

Last edited:
I honestly haven't even heard of some of the UK ax he released or not further than a single song it's been a strikeout for me on most of the releases other than the MK which intrigued me enough to go for it as I love his guitar sound. Hoping I'll find some more appealing things as we get further later in the year. We had the newest Duran Duran I wonder if we'd get any others.

Back