Tom Petty Blu-Ray Box (Anthology) - $44!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Got this email today for those interested:

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakes Live Anthology Super Box $44.95

On sale at $44.95. LIMITED SUPPLY!!!(Regular $179.95) Five CD/2DVD/Blu Ray & More box set containing live recordings drawn from 30 years of live performances. The collection brings together material from 1978-2007 culled from hundreds of hours of live concert recordings covering every era of Tom Petty a& The Heartbreakers' tours and represents the best tracks as chosen by producers Tom Petty, Mike Campbell and Ryan Ulyate. The producers made no fixes or overdubs, letting the newly mixed original recordings showcase the invention, spontaneity, craft, and the musicianship that has made Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers among the most celebrated live performers of their time. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers travel wide, paying their musical debts through song and showing just how confidently the band moves across genres and over time.... SUPER BOX has way more than the standard 4 CD version with an additional CD, plus two previously unreleased DVDs -- a 1978 New Years Eve concert from Santa Monica, a documentary called 400 Days shot during the Wildflowers tour -- a Blu-Ray edition of all 62 tracks on the five-CD version, a vinyl copy of the 1976 Official Live 'Leg LP, plus a book and lithograph, along with other assorted bonuses.

www.soundandvisionplanet.com

It is also available in amazon marketplace for $40 presently...:D

Thanks for the tips - just bought one from Amazon for $38. I'm not a big fan but the mrs is and since we're going to see him here in April I thought I'd grab it. Hard to pass it up when it's got surround!

Thanks for the heads up Jon. I ordered one and it came yesterday. Kind of funny, it had a Best Buy price sticker ($99.99) on it. From a quick listen, I don't think it would win any surround awards, but sounds great and has a great collection of songs.

K

Thanks for the heads up Jon. I ordered one and it came yesterday. Kind of funny, it had a Best Buy price sticker ($99.99) on it. From a quick listen, I don't think it would win any surround awards, but sounds great and has a great collection of songs.

K

Great! Yeah, it's not a "hit you over the head" surround deal, but at least it's real. Hey, was there a cut-out mark of any kind on it?

Thanks for the heads up on this. I wanted a copy of this but missed out on the offer from www.soundandvisionplanet.com. Tried Amazon but as they wont ship this particular item to Australia, I had it shipped to my daughter in San Diego for around $40! I also got a copy of the Mojo Bluray at the same time. Also just received my copy of Anathema as mentioned on here in the more recent past. I also snagged seven older DTS classical release from Ebay for not a lot of money. Now going shopping for the Aqualung box this afternoon. It's a pity about the Derek and the Dominos Layla release. Looks like I'll never get hold of that mix. I still need to catch up on the rest of the King Crimson DVDAs and the later Mike Oldfield re-releases. I'm intrigued by the Virtual Haydn Bluray. Anyone have this and any opinions? All in all it has been and looks like cotinuing to be a good year in surround for me

I got a copy for $37.97 (new, sealed) + $2.98 shipping from a seller on Amazon. It arrived today, complete with Best Buy price sticker for $124.99 still on it. I wonder how much the seller paid for it.

I got a copy for $37.97 (new, sealed) + $2.98 shipping from a seller on Amazon. It arrived today, complete with Best Buy price sticker for $124.99 still on it. I wonder how much the seller paid for it.

That sounds like the same deal I got from sarahmusic (I think) and my daughter told me mine arrived yesterday in San Diego. Just have to wait now for the next leg of its journey

I managed to buy just the blu-ray disc for like $15.00 off an Ebay seller.
Interesting, not the greatest surround but hey... it's Tom Petty and it's got some cool live stuff.
But for $40.00 for the box, you can't beat that with a stick!

Best Buy liquidated a ton of these for $30 plus tax last year. My local Best Buy and all Best Buy stores around me were sold out before I could get to the store. I had my daughter pick up 3 of them at the Best Buy close to her in the Tampa, FL area and only recently got my 3 from her, then I see that I can't even break even after fees and shipping selling the 2 I don't need. I think I will give them as Christmas gifts to her brother and sister, leaving the $125 price tags on.

Hey Chris, send one of your extras to Neil....... :)

That is a better idea, my children have never been all that impressed with my sense of humor. Neil, if you want one, let's figure out how I can breakeven doing that, it will be expensive to ship to the UK since it is heavy.

Back