UK "Night After Night" CD/Blu-Ray set (with Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally this 1 BD, 2 CD set arrived. I had emergency appendix removal yesterday, was in hospital for about 20 hours, ouch, pretty sore now, hard to just sit, so I am trying to listen to this surround sitting but need to walk away once in awhile. Really good surround and discrete, different instruments in different speakers. Would like to hear a more fuller/deeper fidelity but I'm not going to complain. My first UK listen like others, kind of has that Marillion/XTC/ELP flavor to it.
Sounds great.

Finally this 1 BD, 2 CD set arrived. I had emergency appendix removal yesterday, was in hospital for about 20 hours, ouch, pretty sore now, hard to just sit, so I am trying to listen to this surround sitting but need to walk away once in awhile. Really good surround and discrete, different instruments in different speakers. Would like to hear a more fuller/deeper fidelity but I'm not going to complain. My first UK listen like others, kind of has that Marillion/XTC/ELP flavor to it.
Sounds great.
Wow...glad to see you are OK...you've had some rough medical issues in the last year or so..

Sounds great.

OUCH..........Markie. I had mine out years ago when I was in Toronto and remember flying over Niagara Falls late at night half comatose. And unlike our Surround Toys which ARE necessities, the appendix serves No useful function except to IRRITATE. Lucky it wasn't a burst appendix. Well at least you'll get stronger day by day listening to Night After Night...while Valentine Girl waits on you hand 'n foot!💑

Last edited:
OUCH..........Markie. I had mine out years ago when I was in Toronto and remember flying over Niagara Falls late at night half comatose. And unlike our Surround Toys which ARE necessities, the appendix serves No useful function except to IRRITATE. Lucky it wasn't a burst appendix. Well at least you'll get stronger day by day listening to Night After Night...while Valentine Girl waits on you hand 'n foot!💑
Night after Night is really good. It is possible, although I can't remember everything, that it is the most discrete live rock surround disc I have ever listened to, at least from 1979.
Terry Bozio's Track 16 Drum Solo is fantastic and if you are new to surround this would be a good definition of live discrete, not immersive but an actual live discrete drum solo.
I met him once at a drum clinic on Geneva Ave in SF called Drum World, very nice guy, was just after his appearance on Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop, Bozzio was very popular after that.

Night after Night is really good. It is possible, although I can't remember everything, that it is the most discrete live rock surround disc I have ever listened to, at least from 1979.
Terry Bozio's Track 16 Drum Solo is fantastic and if you are new to surround this would be a good definition of live discrete, not immersive but an actual live discrete drum solo.
I met him once at a drum clinic on Geneva Ave in SF called Drum World, very nice guy, was just after his appearance on Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop, Bozzio was very popular after that.
Didn’t Bozzio do some work with F. Zappa also?

The AMZN CC advertises 3% back for normal customers and 5% for Prime, for AMZN purchases, and a bit lower for other purchases. I think that value periodically shows up as points, which match the usd.
At least I think that's where these points come from!
You can choose to apply them, or not, at checkout.
I save hundreds of dollars 💵 a year from this and with mostly free shipping 🤠

Wait, no Holdsworth on this set???o_O
Nope. This is UK 'mark II'.
Well worth a listen! But a shell of its former self with Holdsworth and Bruford. There's still a lot left to like and this mix is a well deserved treatment.

The live recordings of the original lineup are shared in higher quality than as presented in this box set FYI. All stereo of course. 3 or 4 are radio broadcast mixes. This mark II version of the band is still hot but a listen to the original lineup will reveal another level of energy and greatness.

That this mix snuck out overall unmolested while the rest of the box set suffered form poor fidelity vs the originals and even the live shared boots is a small miracle!

Back