What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have this baby...

1377405_10151985538150499_1822603205_n.jpg

Nice one. I missed it somehow. I have Daft.

October 18... Dusty In Memphis ... buying this Day One.

October 18... Dusty In Memphis ... buying this Day One.

That's on the pre-order list here as well. I actually requested this one for SACD when the Vinyl LP came out. So I've been watching with interest with some time. Should be a good one !

Didn't even know this one existed...
Bagged it quite cheaply ,NEW! (waiting for it now)...to bad it doesn't have "Paranoimia" (the Max Headroom one)

Be warned, this is a live album and as such, many people are put off by it. As a fan, I think it's great.

Yes, I also miss Paranomia much. I think it was their best. :(

Paranoimia, in my very humble opinion, was one of their finer moments of the period without Trevor Horn. They went far to commercial for my liking, with the whole Peter Gunn/Kiss stuff. They got back on track with 'The Seduction of Claude Debussy' :)

My favourite collection of AoN stuff is their marvellous box set, 'And What Have You Done With My Body, God?' which gathers together numerous rarities, out-takes and mixes across 4 CD's. This is a grand showcase for the true experimental nature of the band and their use of the Fairlight CMI IIx. Although officially out of print, ZTT acquired some new copies recently from an old distributor and have been selling them for £35/$50. Worth every penny!

EU: http://www.backstreet-merch.com/sto...se_cd_and-what-have-you-done--4cd-_aon03.html

US: http://zttrecords.merchnow.com/products/164844

The 'Daft' SACD is next on my list, along with the Frankie SACD compilation and those elusive Seal MC discs, as long as they're at sensible prices! ;) The Propaganda SACD is pretty special :)

Didn't even know this one existed...
Bagged it quite cheaply ,NEW! (waiting for it now)...to bad it doesn't have "Paranoimia" (the Max Headroom one)

how cheap is cheap Kap? I only ask as I've passed up on this at a tenner fairly recently, the Daft SACD is easily the poorest ZTT SACD from a surround p.o.v. (imho) so I couldn't be bothered getting the Reconstructed one! :eek:

Well, it all depends on your definition of cheap and taking into account that it's a 10 year old release!
It was 35 GBP S&H included...(about 42 EUR), not bad for an unopened 10 year old SACD!

(also found Bowie's "Heathen" used, almost new, for a bit more, and that one usually goes for way much more!)

Be warned, this is a live album and as such, many people are put off by it. As a fan, I think it's great.

Paranoimia, in my very humble opinion, was one of their finer moments of the period without Trevor Horn. They went far to commercial for my liking, with the whole Peter Gunn/Kiss stuff. They got back on track with 'The Seduction of Claude Debussy' :)

My favourite collection of AoN stuff is their marvellous box set, 'And What Have You Done With My Body, God?' which gathers together numerous rarities, out-takes and mixes across 4 CD's. This is a grand showcase for the true experimental nature of the band and their use of the Fairlight CMI IIx. Although officially out of print, ZTT acquired some new copies recently from an old distributor and have been selling them for £35/$50. Worth every penny!

EU: http://www.backstreet-merch.com/sto...se_cd_and-what-have-you-done--4cd-_aon03.html

US: http://zttrecords.merchnow.com/products/164844

The 'Daft' SACD is next on my list, along with the Frankie SACD compilation and those elusive Seal MC discs, as long as they're at sensible prices! ;) The Propaganda SACD is pretty special :)

Daft's a real disappointment, the surround mix is pretty poor sadly. There were copies a-plenty on Play.com for a tenner (new & sealed) up until the end of last year. I haven't looked lately but it's not super sought after like the Frankie, so you're bound to find it for alright money no problem.

The Seal sets do come up for ok money (I got the 2nd album CD/DVDA set the other week new & sealed from a UK seller for £25) so don't give up!

Well here's one you don't see everyday... :mad:@:

Breakthrough Into A New Dimension - Various Artists + Test Tones and other guff (DVD-Audio).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00008GQHK?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

The most interesting thing(s) I have to say about this, is its from that dreaded 2+2+2 DG label in Germany who have put out loads of SACDs that quirkily re-map the 6-channels of SACD into 3 pairs, with Front L&R & Rear L&R arranged as usual but Centre and LFE are used for Front Height L&R instead (I have a few, they're not much cop) but the interesting thing is this is the only DVD-A I've seen by them so it must have been an early experiment as the 2+2+2's I have are all on SACD (I've now stopped buying them they're such shit but I couldn't pass this weird old anomaly up for a few pennies!).

Well, it all depends on your definition of cheap and taking into account that it's a 10 year old release!
It was 35 GBP S&H included...(about 42 EUR), not bad for an unopened 10 year old SACD!

I got mine last week for £26.99 which I thought was at the top end of reasonable :)

Daft's a real disappointment, the surround mix is pretty poor sadly. There were copies a-plenty on Play.com for a tenner (new & sealed) up until the end of last year. I haven't looked lately but it's not super sought after like the Frankie, so you're bound to find it for alright money no problem.

The Seal sets do come up for ok money (I got the 2nd album CD/DVDA set the other week new & sealed from a UK seller for £25) so don't give up!

Still looking for a fairly priced Frankie (one on eBay at £99.95 at the moment). I was privy to Seal II the other week and thought it was quite lovely.

I got mine last week for £26.99 which I thought was at the top end of reasonable :)

Still looking for a fairly priced Frankie (one on eBay at £99.95 at the moment). I was privy to Seal II the other week and thought it was quite lovely.

That's a great price Rob! it would seem supplies of "Reconstructed" have at last dried up and the £30-odd quid mark is the going rate. I caved in just now and got Dutchtoni's last copy on Amazon at £29.99 :eek:

sit tight, Relax (ho ho) and Frankie will come! :p remember when I won it for £45 (like new) while everyone had nodded off!? I truly thought I'd be outbid as an auction had just finished a few days before where it went for nearly double that (and has subsequently gone for £60-£80) but it was mine! its timing and the luck of the old draw I guess.. though I do kick myself for not getting 10 copies each of Frankie, Avalon and Tubular Balls (not Frankie Avalon and his tubby balls) when Amazon would say "Hurry order now only 13 copies left in stock" :yikes

You're a sod and my bank manager is going to hate you... Just found it on Play for £10.99 ;)

Ha! Bankshmankswanks! You're better off investing in SACDs than having it sitting in the Bank making a penny a year interest!

if it's the same seller (based in Germany I think) I got a couple of copies off there for £10 (I got the other copy for a friend, no racketeering here dears!) I'm pretty sure it was Germany and sure enough they were the real deal SACDs when they arrived :)

Edit: its Hubble Bubble and they're in the UK. I don't know where I got the Germany bit from!? Probably cos I've had so many great finds there lately! :eek:

The Concert For New York City - Various Artists (Double but Single Layer - i.e. there's two of 'em - MultiCh SACD),
At The End Of The Day - Born (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

I was ordering away until I discovered that Canada is not an OK destination with them.
Oh well, I suppose I'm now spared a so-so mix of some fine music.
Thanks anyway Fredblue

OH NO!! :( I haven't used Play.com for a while (and can't remember my login! :eek:) but I'll try getting in and ordering a couple so I can send you one if you like. Will let you know how I get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back