What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Ann Mortifee SACD today!

One thing, and I do not mean this in a bad way...but I thought Ann was, well, "dark skinned"!!!
I mean, a disc about the Zulu nation done by a "fair skinned" woman?
Don't get me wrong, I am NOT doubting her knowledge of the subject here...but...it's a bit surprising...

Just a thought...

Will report back on the contents later..

Cheers...

Another Mind - Hiromi (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Harpslinger - Carey Bell (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Gold From The Byron Era - Uriah Heep (Dolby D/DTS DVDV)*

* Surround mix is ok but fidelity.. yuck! Dolby stream is bright and horrible, DTS is dull and horrible!) it may be hard to come by but I wish I'd never bothered! Oh and these are alternate takes & demos not the originals! A curiosity, or one for hardcore Heep fans, nothing more (imho.).

Last edited:
Beyond Standard - Hiromi/Hiromi's Sonicbloom (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
#1's - Mariah Carey (SACD),
West Side Story - Leonard Bernstein Conducts, Kiri Te Kanawa, Jose Carreras (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

4 of the Universal Japan SHM-SACDs:
* Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness First Finale (Motown UIGY-9072)
* Zubin Mehta, LA Philharmonic - Holst: The Planets, Williams: Star Wars Suite (Decca UCGD-9038)
* Queen - Greatest Hits (Island UIGY-9532)
* Queen - Flash Gordon Original Soundtrack Music (Island UIGY-9518)

4 of the Universal Japan SHM-SACDs:
* Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness First Finale (Motown UIGY-9072)
* Zubin Mehta, LA Philharmonic - Holst: The Planets, Williams: Star Wars Suite (Decca UCGD-9038)
* Queen - Greatest Hits (Island UIGY-9532)
* Queen - Flash Gordon Original Soundtrack Music (Island UIGY-9518)

Excellent choices. Is that your first classical one? I've got plans for that one myself. Still don't have it.

Excellent choices. Is that your first classical one? I've got plans for that one myself. Still don't have it.

On SHM-SACD it is. Not on SACD.

I owned it as a Stereo CD years ago. So I thought it would be a good nostalgia choice! :)

On the Stevie Wonder, the transfer to DSD was done by Sterling Sound from an Analog Master Tape.
Interesting that they moved the assignment away from Universal Mastering where most of the SHM-SACDs are done.

Blues Guitar Boss - Hubert Sumlin (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD),
Something Cool - Tierney Sutton (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD),
Ege Bamyasi - Can (Hybrid SACD).

Last edited:
Not SACD or DVD-A but my first BD-A :)

1173708_10151974604340499_692563442_n.jpg

Sounds amazing but I have one query. Why are the instrumentals stereo only? I mean, the tracks have already been mixed into 5.1 so couldn't the instrumentals be derived from those mixes? Capacity wouldn't be an issue, so I'm curious as to why this opportunity was missed?

Not a complaint at all, just trying to understand why :)

Not SACD or DVD-A but my first BD-A :)

View attachment 11479

Sounds amazing but I have one query. Why are the instrumentals stereo only? I mean, the tracks have already been mixed into 5.1 so couldn't the instrumentals be derived from those mixes? Capacity wouldn't be an issue, so I'm curious as to why this opportunity was missed?

Not a complaint at all, just trying to understand why :)

You can post your latest BD-A acquisitions here, Rob :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Blu-Ray-or-Blu-Ray-A-Concert-or-Music-Related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back