What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Well Soon - Bob Brookmeyer & The New Art Orchestra (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD).

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/1387

Edit: just playing this now and I noticed this record features Till Brönner (who has an excellent Surround SACD of his own, "That Summer") this is a great one from a surround point of view, lovely discrete rear channel stuff happening and fidelity to die for.

Last edited:
Black Dahlia - Bob Belden (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD).

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/916

Lizard King:
"Let us know what you think of that one... I have it on my list...."

It's an interesting mix.. at times ambient, other times double stereo, other times there's definitely discrete stuff going on back there.. you get jolted out of your seat at the very start of the disc by a blast from the rear - which is just a big tease and not indicative of what's to come, the mix is more subtle than that but it's pleasant enough and very nicely played and recorded, dare I say it "background music" for a cocktail party rather than all-out engaging surround. if you can get it for around 10-15 quid its worth it I reckon, anymore and I'd hold out til you find it less than the going rate, as I did.

Jamie Cullum- Twentysomething SACD. Got it for $7 on Ebay. Enjoying it so far.

new arrivals

Linkin Park - Reanimation DVD-Audio

cm78j33czqs3mv2eo.jpg

Steely Dan - Gaucho Hybrid SACD

cm78r5j3ae7vprje8.jpg

Patricia Barber - Modern Cool Blu-ray Audio

cm4549tm0ms80yrjk.jpg

Which surround mix do you prefer? The original one on the dts CD or the SACD/dvd-audio mix?

The DTS has DF's vocals more prominent in the centre, which is a bonus for me as I like discrete vocals in the centre but the SACD/DVDA is the way to go as ES rejigged it (to perfection and grace that puts a smile on my face! :D) oh and the sound on the Hi-Rez 5.1 is something else, its so pristine and full of detail it's remarkable.

The DTS has DF's vocals more prominent in the centre, which is a bonus for me as I like discrete vocals in the centre but the SACD/DVDA is the way to go as ES rejigged it (to perfection and grace that puts a smile on my face! :D) oh and the sound on the Hi-Rez 5.1 is something else, its so pristine and full of detail it's remarkable.

That is all due to Elliot and the great work he puts into all the stuff he does. never heard the DTS version, but the dvd a is the tits!

Received this MONO SACD today. The Porgy & Bess tune is fantastic, along with the rest of it. And how about this picture?

Attachments

• sinatra_swingin_affair.jpg
    sinatra_swingin_affair.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 156
  • sinatra_swingin_affair_bACK.jpg
    sinatra_swingin_affair_bACK.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 156
Well, yea, probably, but I really hate posting in threads that have DSD Download in the title. I'm really against these downloads and don't care to read about downloads. Maybe we can put the downloads into a thread of their own. Better yet a section of their own.
Surely you see the irony of your statement that you are okay with posting about mono/stereo releases in a thread with "Multichannel" in the title.

Well, yea, probably, but I really hate posting in threads that have DSD Download in the title. I'm really against these downloads and don't care to read about downloads. Maybe we can put the downloads into a thread of their own. Better yet a section of their own.

Hey Cupboy,
Noob question: Why are you against DSD downloads? Thanks (sorry if this isn't the correct place to post)

Hey Cupboy,
Noob question: Why are you against DSD downloads? Thanks (sorry if this isn't the correct place to post)
If the downloads catch on (doubt it) they would eventually take over for physical disks. And how much is your $25 download worth after you download it? $0. Not very good resale value there. Would you buy a car if it was worth $0 as soon as you bought it, or anything else?

If the downloads catch on (doubt it) they would eventually take over for physical disks. And how much is your $25 download worth after you download it? $0. Not very good resale value there. Would you buy a car if it was worth $0 as soon as you bought it, or anything else?

Apart from that, most downloads (DSD, FLAC etc) are either stereo or multichannel, so if you want both, it cost you a lot of money, while on most physical discs you get both options for less money.

And looking at the recent releases with Neil Wilkes/Steven Wilson involvement, you get a load of extras as well. I have not seen any download giving that amount of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back