What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
today from amazon market place

Caroline Henderson - Don'T Explain Hybrid SACD Mch.

cmcbz748kix422g34.jpg

Nick Cave and the bad seeds - No More Shall We Part CD + DVD Mch.

cmcc0t41zxjniapyo.jpg

today from amazon market place

Caroline Henderson - Don'T Explain Hybrid SACD Mch.

cmcbz748kix422g34.jpg

Nick Cave and the bad seeds - No More Shall We Part CD + DVD Mch.

cmcc0t41zxjniapyo.jpg

very interested to hear what you think of the surround on the Caroline Henderson?

its been on my shopping list for yonks! thanks in advance :)

Nick Cave - Here to eternity, Kicking and Firstborn.

REM - New Adventures

King Crimson - Lizard

Er, there was another one......

Damm what was it called????

Oh yes that was it - something called Lovebox (gulp)

REM - New Adventures

King Crimson - Lizard

Wow! Congrats! (y) Your Lovebox SACD has come a long way from Europe to NZ! What kinda nicks it in?

REM - New Adventures

King Crimson - Lizard

Hey Oppofood - Nice to see you here again after a long time away!!!!

Yeah - The ultimate disc in Surround... I just love Lizard....:eek:

That Lovebox disc isn't bad too - so I hear!! Do you still have your arms and legs?

Pleased to say it is in pristine condition, was not sealed but still had the clear bag that it probably originated in, the type that you can reseal.

Not a mark on the case, disk or inlay.

Nice one! Delighted to hear! :)

..FWIW the Jive SACDs originally came sealed, in clear plastic foil with tear-round bit (like the cheap crinkly plastic wrap around a fag packet.. classy!) rather than bagged or shrinkwrapped.

Hey Oppofood - Nice to see you here again after a long time away!!!!

Yeah - The ultimate disc in Surround... I just love Lizard....:eek:

That Lovebox disc isn't bad too - so I hear!! Do you still have your arms and legs?

Been/am building a kit car so financial constraints have been somewhat limited given the price of oop disc's these days.

Do still have arms and legs, it's other bits I am worried about if someone sees the bill for Lovebox:D

However I believe I paid less than others have sold for on fleabay, it came in around a $100 less than I thought I might have to pay, I have wanted it for so long.

I guess I will be told that I paid too much but I am happy and as mentioned condition is mint.

AND sounds mint too - playing as I type.

Shining Brother Shining Sister Jackie Leven dualdisc dvda
Hemet of Gnats sacd Both just ordered and being shipped

Sounds like some kind of system/processor setup issue. The mix is surely the same, but some setting on his system as to how bass management is done on Dolby vs. 5.1 PCM (which is what the player would send to the processor after decoding for MLP) was different.

I found this review at http://www.avrev.com/music-disc-reviews/dvd-audio/big-head-todd-the-monsters-crimes-of-passion.html...

"The one big problem I had with this DVD-A is the Advance Resolution 5.1 Surround. While listening to this disc, I was noticed that the mix was real muddy. The drums were lost in the mix and the low-end bass was basically lifeless. Once I switched to the Dolby Digital 5.1, the album came to life. If Advanced Resolution 5.1 is a new mix format for DVD-A, I would recommend they find a way to get the low end to be heard."

Just wondering what your reaction to that review might be.

What you need, Oppofood, is a woman who is an insatiable surroundaholic! (btw: NOT a come on. My Boyfriend keeps me in software.)

LOL

My wife likes surround but prefers the music rather than the effect so to speak. So Frankie Goes To Hollywood in surround sounds great to her, Lovebox got no comment either way when played ( so now it is no longer new but in the "you've heard it before" group ) but other discs are drivel because she does not like the music irrespective of the surround sound element.

For example, and I know this is going to be hard to believe and some will even question why I stay with her, but she does not like Porcupine Tree :yikes

The cost of Lovebox will actually be irrelevant to her she just wont be able to figure out why I would spend effectively the cost of a new pair of boots on a 'CD'.

Got this in the mail today from an Ebay guy for $15 with shipping who listed it as an HDCD. This was on the wish list.

Joni+Mitchell+-+Both+Sides+Now+-+DVD+Audio-333078.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back