What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have me beat! I counted 203 Multi SACD's, 602 SACD's total.

Crikey! That's a surprise! :yikes I only got into SACD because of Surround, so without Surround I'd only have 75 SACDs and you'd have me roundly beaten (and most of those stereo ones are Rolling Stones & Can albums or Sony discs I've collected for the paper slipcases! I'm such a nerd!).. 602 is a helluva lot! Maybe one day I'll get to 600 too, though I've got to get to 500 first! :eek:

Dude, 400 is beyond amazing! I think you have the most diverse taste around here. Good for you. :D

I seem to be locked into progressive music & guitar oriented artists, with a sprinkling of Elton John mixed in...

My last 5.1 purchase was RUSH - Clockwork Angels Live Tour Live - BluRay. I still dream for Led Zepplin in 5.1 discrete...

certainly v.eclectic :eek: you know they used to say you could tell a lot about someone by flicking through their record collection., well I don't know if that'd work here.. you can go from Elton to Elgar to Electronica to Elkie Brooks chez moi!

Miles Davis on 2ch Japan SACD's accounts for more of my 2 ch SACD's than anyone else. :eek: Too bad they couldn't do Bitches Brew and Live-Evil in 5.1. IMHO, Tutu is a killer 5.1, albeit it is a DVD-A.

BTW: I will rarely buy a disc simply because it's in surround. There is so much music I dig that many of my favorites are released in surround. There is no bigger thrill than eagerly awaiting a new release and buying it in surround as my first copy! :banana:

SACD COLLECTION LISTED AT: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/1

Crikey! That's a surprise! :yikes I only got into SACD because of Surround, so without Surround I'd only have 75 SACDs and you'd have me roundly beaten (and most of those stereo ones are Rolling Stones & Can albums or Sony discs I've collected for the paper slipcases! I'm such a nerd!).. 602 is a helluva lot! Maybe one day I'll get to 600 too, though I've got to get to 500 first! :eek:

I hit the lotto today shopping around Nashville.

At Grimey's I bought "Follow" by Travis & Fripp (DVD-A) and 4 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds albums (CD/DVD-V 5.1)

THEN, at The Great Escape, I bought "At War with the Mystics" by The Flaming Lips (CD/DVD-A) and "Guero" by Beck (CD/DVD-A). Both were used but were great prices!
So, that's 7 discs in total

(plus the Chicago V SACD coming in on Thursday) :)

How much $$$ did this cost??? :howl Some of us who don't have your or FredBlue's millions are on a budget, and would like to know. ;)

@the group: Does anybody know of any brick & mortar record stores that would cary 5.1 discs in Raleigh, NC?

certainly v.eclectic :eek: you know they used to say you could tell a lot about someone by flicking through their record collection., well I don't know if that'd work here.. you can go from Elton to Elgar to Electronica to Elkie Brooks chez moi!

Ok, how much French can you actually speak? Je ne parle pas français. Je parle anglais et espagnol. Mais j'écoute beaucoup de musique.

I understand the "diversity" you mention, though I will humbly submit, from personal experience: Once one gets into progressive music, it is very hard to go back. Before prog, I listened to almost anything that was around. Then I got hit with the proverbial "ton of bricks" (Yes-Yessongs & ELP live: WBMFTTSTNE)

How much $$$ did this cost??? :howl Some of us who don't have your or FredBlue's millions are on a budget, and would like to know. ;)

@the group: Does anybody know of any brick & mortar record stores that would cary 5.1 discs in Raleigh, NC?

oh I'm on a budget, DMJ! (spooky anagram of DJM, EJ's old boss!) among other constraints.. If I had money to burn, more time on my hands and the sheer houseroom I'd have Q8's and Quad Reels and CD-4 and SQ LP's a-go-go! ah well.. at least I can have as many speakers as I want in the space I do have and "the missus" doesn't gripe on about it! tender mercies eh..

Ok, how much French can you actually speak? Je ne parle pas français. Je parle anglais et espagnol. Mais j'écoute beaucoup de musique.

I understand the "diversity" you mention, though I will humbly submit, from personal experience: Once one gets into progressive music, it is very hard to go back. Before prog, I listened to almost anything that was around. Then I got hit with the proverbial "ton of bricks" (Yes-Yessongs & ELP live: WBMFTTSTNE)

un petit peu.. :)

you succumbed to the power of Prog! I've loads of it! I've been into Yes & ELP for donkey's ears, I just never succame, succaw or succonquered :D

un petit peu.. :)

you succumbed to the power of Prog! I've loads of it! I've been into Yes & ELP for donkey's ears, I just never succame, succaw or succonquered :D

Fair enough: How bout if we add playing a guitar or keyboard to the equation? Do you play an instrument?

By the way, I took 2 years of French when I was 15 years old. I got nothing from it. After I learned Spanish(many years later), all that French came back to me and it actually makes sense now! ;) Now you English lads have that big tunnel... you can hop on a train and be in France in an hour, wooing some lovely French lassie. Oui ou non? I would think any smart Englishman would be boning up on his French these days...

Listening to one of my recent bargain acquisitions, Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics. Holy crap... These guys are not messing around when it comes to the surround mix. If you've ever listened to one of those supposedly surround mixes where you had to walk up to your rear speakers and lean down to see if there is any sound coming out of them, then you will most definitely appreciate this disc. There is very discrete sounds coming at you from all speakers. Fun mix and I am liking the music.

Today new postage on my working table

Peter Ulrich - Enter the Mysterium Hybrid SACD

cmpaupuws3q4t6y9c.jpg

RPWL - Wanted CD+DVD

cmpawfvgeopjg62uo.jpg

:prost

Sara K. - Made In The Shade (BluRay-A)
Katatonia - Dethroned & Uncrowned (DVD-A)
M.A.S.S. - Mysteria - An Electronic Journey Into Sound (SACD)

Flint Juventino Beppe (Fred Jonny Berg) - Remote Galaxy (BluRay-A)
George Gershwin - Rhapsody In Blue, Strike Up The Band, Catfish Row (BluRay-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back