What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's sure to be better than anything from Bieber...

haha! :D

it was comments like this that tipped me over the edge to get it:

"..Don't miss this if you a well set up multi channel system. This is precisely the kind of music for which MC is so well suited. Give your rear speakers a holiday from playing ambience and celebrate with Biber!"

and..

The liner notes say it best: “Engravings from the late 17th century Salzburg show musicians performing from the four organ galleries during mass. Positioning groups of musicians around the building in this way heightens the effect of passages of music in which the ensemble is divided into smaller groups engaging in (antiphonal) “dialogue” …….

"..In other words, your rear channels will earn their keep with this recording. In fact, the opening fanfare is from the rear only. Also, make sure your center channel speaker is up to snuff because the trumpets and cornets will place special demands on it."

Added these two off Ebay for a decent price. Kids are out for Spring Break so I don't know when I'll get a chance to give them a spin. Love the gold Das Alte Werk label on the Bach disc.

59e8d250fca07301328d3010.L.jpg
51tC7MhH-vL._SY300_.jpg

And I also bought just the DVD-Audio of Morph the Cat from a guy for $7. It doesn't have a cover but for that price it didn't bother me. I'm not going to listen to the CD anyhow.

yeay! It's my 400th surround SACD! :banana:

Dude, 400 is beyond amazing! I think you have the most diverse taste around here. Good for you. :D

I seem to be locked into progressive music & guitar oriented artists, with a sprinkling of Elton John mixed in...

My last 5.1 purchase was RUSH - Clockwork Angels Live Tour Live - BluRay. I still dream for Led Zepplin in 5.1 discrete...

Dude, 400 is beyond amazing! I think you have the most diverse taste around here. Good for you. :D

I seem to be locked into progressive music & guitar oriented artists, with a sprinkling of Elton John mixed in...

My last 5.1 purchase was RUSH - Clockwork Angels Live Tour Live - BluRay. I still dream for Led Zepplin in 5.1 discrete...

Wow! 400! I have about 15 MC sacd's and more dvd audio, but some here have a shitload- fredblue buys everything! He alone is keeping the media alive! :mad:@:

I hit the lotto today shopping around Nashville.

At Grimey's I bought "Follow" by Travis & Fripp (DVD-A) and 4 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds albums (CD/DVD-V 5.1)

THEN, at The Great Escape, I bought "At War with the Mystics" by The Flaming Lips (CD/DVD-A) and "Guero" by Beck (CD/DVD-A). Both were used but were great prices!
So, that's 7 discs in total

(plus the Chicago V SACD coming in on Thursday) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back