What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Living Stereo Strauss Also Sprach/Ein Heldenleben (Reiner/Chicago) for $6.99. Brand new but a cut-out. The little hole is through the case only in the hinge, not affecting the artwork. I can just switch the case if I want, but I'll probably leave it as is.

FYE in Ft. Union Utah is closing. Everything 40% off. Rather picked over already. I guess the sale started Jan 30., but I just today found out about it. There was a SACD I was interested in but it wouldn't have been worth the 1/2 hour wait in line. Line was through the middle of the store or so. I guess they could have opened a few more lines, but well you know. Money is better spent in loss prevention in their opinion. Once the store is closed the loss prevention will be 100% successful.

Last edited:
Picked up a Living Stereo Strauss Also Sprach/Ein Heldenleben (Reiner/Chicago) for $6.99. Brand new but a cut-out. The little hole is through the case only in the hinge, not affecting the artwork. I can just switch the case if I want, but I'll probably leave it as is.

FYE in Ft. Union Utah is closing. Everything 40% off. Rather picked over already. I guess the sale started Jan 30., but I just today found out about it. There was a SACD I was interested in but it wouldn't have been worth the 1/2 hour wait in line. Line was thorough the middle of the store or so. I guess they could have opened a few more lines, but well you know. Money is better spent in loss prevention in their opinion. Once the store is closed the loss prevention will be 100% successful.

Not to go off subject, but we have FYE here also, and an independent opened a used
music store in the same wing that FYE was in. He sold only used LP's and used cd's etc.
lots of music relted items, Kiss memorabilia mostly. Well, it seems people were stopping in to his place
before FYE and he ended up being evicted from the mall! It seems FYE complained to the mall, he was
taking business away. I ended up hooking up with him and introduced him to high rez music.
he will be on the lookout for me. Worse part was he just has a kidney transplant. no sympathy
for FYE. Won't buy from them ever.

Just Received from Luminary Records

Dorothee Munyaneza
DVD-A

On the Way from Grooves Inc.:

Golden Earring - Naked III Live at the Panama SACD
Helium Vola - Liod SACD

Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (DVD-A) - Thanks to a trade with mwk-empire..

Joe Satriani ~ Strange Beautiful Music

for close to $40... It was a long wait for this one.

Sector 2 showed up in the mail. I'll keep it sealed until I find out what's going on with the replacement dvd-audio disk. Not quite sure why I keep buying Rush music.

update: I received an email saying the replacement disk has been shipped.

Last edited:
Gavin Harrison & O5RIC - The Man Who Sold Himself (DTS-DVD; Label says DVD-Audio/Video but I can't find DVD-Audio files)
Hiromi - Spiral (SACD)
Hiromi - Another Mind (SACD)
Hiromi - Brain (SACD)

Gavin Harrison & O5RIC - The Man Who Sold Himself (DTS-DVD; Label says DVD-Audio/Video but I can't find DVD-Audio files)
Hiromi - Spiral (SACD)
Hiromi - Another Mind (SACD)
Hiromi - Brain (SACD)

I thought I was seeing one of my posts at first, Hiromi! I love Hiromi. I have a limited edition, Spiral on DTS with a video of the band doing
return on the kung fu world champion. live. I found it best buy looking for just this kind of stuff. was with a cd in a set. gave the cd away long time ago.
Terrific stuff all very original. I have all 3 discs also. I think she has one more out on sacd.

She actually has two more on SACD. They just did not arrive in my post box :)
The others are Time Control and Beyond Standard. Seems they are all still in print. At least there seems to be enough stock left to get them at reasonable pricing.

Markus

I thought I was seeing one of my posts at first, Hiromi! I love Hiromi. I have a limited edition, Spiral on DTS with a video of the band doing
return on the kung fu world champion. live. I found it best buy looking for just this kind of stuff. was with a cd in a set. gave the cd away long time ago.
Terrific stuff all very original. I have all 3 discs also. I think she has one more out on sacd.

Oh yes, her stuff is all relativley new and readly available. telarc has the catalog. Looks like I'll have to get two more now also.

I was in your country in 1969. I was staitioned in Werthiem, and went all over the area, Wurzburg, Frankfort,
Heidleburg , and places I can't remember names. I loved Germany.
Totally different place. The beer! all local brewed
and so good! There was a place we used to eat, and the most I remember how good the food and beer was.
Burblick maybe? It was on the hill where the base was, peden barracks.

Oh yes, her stuff is all relativley new and readly available. telarc has the catalog. Looks like I'll have to get two more now also.

I was in your country in 1969. I was staitioned in Werthiem, and went all over the area, Wurzburg, Frankfort,
Heidleburg , and places I can't remember names. I loved Germany.
Totally different place. The beer! all local brewed
and so good! There was a place we used to eat, and the most I remember how good the food and beer was.
Burblick maybe? It was on the hill where the base was, peden barracks.

I hope it is fine if I correct the names of the German places for you: Wertheim, Würzburg, Frankfurt, Heidelberg... Just in case you want to Google these nice places. Burblick may be Burbach but I'm not sure with that.
For your next visit you should add Monschau to your list. It is a extremely lovely. It is famous for its mustard.

Markus

ahh, thank you! I knew I had them wrong, it was a long time ago. the Burblik was a restuarant I refer to. at least what I remember and I question my memory. some 40 yrs ago already!
I will return maybe next year. I look up stuff al the time, but I don't recognize anything anymore. I was either working, or
out getting piss drunk. The beer, so strong! You probably have a tolerence buit up. after about 3, I was blind!

Flaming Lips:Yoshimi battles link robots
what a multi channel fest that was. I could hear clearly John Lenneon's influence on the writers.
I like it.
finaaly got a copy of Lightbulb sun thanks to a member. after all this time I get to hear it.
Of course I liked it, a lot! I missed the ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back