What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh, thank you! I knew I had them wrong, it was a long time ago. the Burblik was a restuarant I refer to. at least what I remember and I question my memory. some 40 yrs ago already!
I will return maybe next year. I look up stuff al the time, but I don't recognize anything anymore. I was either working, or
out getting piss drunk. The beer, so strong! You probably have a tolerence buit up. after about 3, I was blind!

Perhaps you mean Rurblick. This is a restaurant in my city ;-)
At the time you had been here I was 5 years old. I guess something changed in the meantime.

Markus

Gentle Giant - Interview (DTS-DVD 4.1)
Gentle Giant - Free Hand (DTS-DVD 4.1)

Never heard anything from Gentle Giant before these albums. Bought them since they are MC and just GBP 8.99 each at Amazon.co.uk. These are winners since I must say I like the music while listening to them in stereo in the office. I can imagine that the will be even better in 4.1.

Markus

Gentle Giant - Interview (DTS-DVD 4.1)
Gentle Giant - Free Hand (DTS-DVD 4.1)

Never heard anything from Gentle Giant before these albums. Bought them since they are MC and just GBP 8.99 each at Amazon.co.uk. These are winners since I must say I like the music while listening to them in stereo in the office. I can imagine that the will be even better in 4.1.

Markus

These arrived today gave Free hand a quick spin before the kids came home liked what I heard very old school QUAD

A replacement dvd-audio for Rush Sector 2 showed up in the mail today.

I thought you already had all of the Depeche Mode albums...;)

Yes, yes I do. However I want one set sealed for safe keeping and the other set for listening. As far as unsealed I have all of them. As far as sealed I am Missing only "Violator" and "Speak & Spell" in new and sealed.

6779018424_4b0e8a30ab_m.jpg
6968572445_176e8d4a63_m.jpg

And from Hong Kong Sony Music, a mostly English language SACD from Joanna Wang, "The Things We Do For Love"

6940424285_70651b39ac_m.jpg

Though I would asume that existed, I never saw a Japan CD of Physical. Didn't know that made it to the US. Did you buy that here?

I still have my Abbey Road with the black triangle from when CD's were new. It was only around for a few weeks, then was pulled. It was a couple years before the Beatles were out on CD. I would delight when a guest in my home would say the Beatles didn't exist on CD. I'd go, "oh, no? Check this out." It usually elicited a "where did you get this?" Had a black triangle Toshiba/EMI Dark Side, too.

There are stilll many things in my collection that collectors swear don't exist. It's one of the joys being a rabid collector and buying everything.

5 Talking Heads CD/DVD-A titles: (all for just about £40 delivered - in total)
Fear Of Music
Speaking in Tongues
Remain In Light
Songs about buildings and food

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Baby DVD-A
Blue Man Group - The Complex DVD-A

Zebrahead SACD in paper slipcase. Paid at total of $10.25 (including tax) at the local going-out-of-business FYE. 40% off. The store closes on Saturday (Ft. Union, UT) along with the Orem, UT store.

There's still some King Crimson CD+DVD sets if anyone doesn't mind them being wrapped with a security sticker. Still not all that cheap at 40% off the regular $25.99 price. Makes it $15.60 plus tax.

Though I would asume that existed, I never saw a Japan CD of Physical. Didn't know that made it to the US. Did you buy that here?

If I remember correctly, I got the Physical Black Triangle CD from in ebay. I believe it was from Japan though. These Black Triangle CDs were only for the Japanese market anyway, although I believe there is a Japanese-made CD version for the US market.

Thanks, Soundboy. I have Physical on a US MCA CD. I'd need to check it, but I believe that it has a "DIDX" # meaning, it was manufactured by Sony, probably in the US. I have several Black Triangle CD's, which were made by Toshiba/EMI for the Japanese market. As I recall, Toshiba/EMI stopped using the Black Triangle years ago. All their early CD's used it.

If I remember correctly, I got the Physical Black Triangle CD from in ebay. I believe it was from Japan though. These Black Triangle CDs were only for the Japanese market anyway, although I believe there is a Japanese-made CD version for the US market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back