What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,

I don't know what happened to this thread. I left a message over at vB explaining the problem, and no one answered me - :( - so after waiting 8 hours, I removed to old thread and recreated this thread using a copy of the old thread. Hopefully, it now works for everyone.

I tried a TON of stuff, including just copying the thread to a new thread, and the errors stayed with the thread. I have a feeling that there was an issue with an image or something, but everything is now in this thread, minus the posts about the old thread not working.

So, what DVD-A or SACD have you purchased lately? :D

last purchases = king crimson; court and red, however I do wish they had sampled to at least 88.2 instead of 48khz, same with steven wilson's insurgente, sampled to 48, I don't know about the rest of you but I hear dramatic differences in higher sampling rates, oh well, take what you can get nowadays eh, for the most part I bought all the top titles when they were being produced and now have given up searching for the few I don't have. I've resided to making my own, getting pretty good to I might add.

'Fear of Music' and 'More Songs about Buildings and Food' CD/DVDAs from Amazon.co.uk under £10 for the pair new,
Will have all 8 when they arrive, at the price could not turn them down.

Donald Fagen "Morph the cat", arrived just yesterday, a lucky shot from a clueless seller that has a "bonus dvd" along with a promo cd. I just miss the "5.1 surround" covers...

Well, if pre orders count:

King Crimsons "In the wake of Poseidon" and "Islands" :banana:

I can't wait for these. :smokin

Not yet. So far I was rather discouraged by the review @ SA-CD.net - I'm really after proper MC mixes.
Do you have it? Would you recommend it?

Yes, I have it but must confess...I've never listened to MC.

What should I be listening for?

Discrete sounds vs simple ambience in the back channels?

Yes, I have it but must confess...I've never listened to MC.

What should I be listening for?

Discrete sounds vs simple ambience in the back channels?
Ah. That is a matter of taste preference and the demands of the music.

Syncronicity by Police on SHM SACD just showed up yesterday. Played it this morning when my ears were fresh and it sounds way better than the standard SACD. Instruments sound real. I wonder if they are.

This is stereo, like the previous SACD.

At least now I have a SHM SACD that wasn't recorded in the 60s or early 70s. They tend to favor those years.

This week's DVD-A are of course Islands and In the Wake of Poseidon. And the SACD is... drumroll... Construction Time Again. Thus completed my Depeche Mode Collector's Edition :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back